X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Welcome, REM !!

Welcome to Squarebirds, Richard! Richard hales from Missouri and should have a 1960 Tbird Coupe in hand in a few more days! We always enjoy seeing pictures of our new members Tbird. If you have any you want to share with us you can become a Paid Member and post them directly to the server. Or send them to me and I can post them for you. Or create an account on a free picture hosting website and post the link to them. We have the greatest Tbird Techies from around the world on here. So if you need any help just post away in the Squarebirds Forum. They will be glad to help. I would recommend that you save my phone number should you ever need to contact me. Should you have any problems navigating our Forum, please contact me. Enjoy The Journey!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • Dan Leavens
    Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Richard also welcome to our truly international site where you will find some of the most knowledgeable birders around. Ask any questionanswer where you canand participate oftenGreat to see another 60 survivor and is she registered in the TBird registry on our site?
    Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
    Thunderbird Registry
    58HT #33317
    60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• REM
      Apprentice
      • Mar 28 2011

Thanks for the welcome.
      I have already gained a lot of knowledge from here.
      I have a couple of pics I could post. Where would be the right place to post them? I hope to pick it up this Sat and have better ones then.
      As for the registry. It is not in there yet as far as I can see.
      When I looked at the car we could not find the data plate on it and I didn't know where to find the ser.# on the body.
      I have some paperwork from it and that # to go by but when I go back we have to locate the # on the car and be sure everything matches. Fingers crossed.
      Is there any way to find the other info from the data plate without the original plate. Are replacement plates available?

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Welcome, REM !!

Hi Richard,

I am glad to hear that you are gaining a lot of knowledge regarding these old Birds of ours from the Forum. As for posting pictures, there are 3 ways you can do it. Paid Members ($20 per year) have the ability to post pictures directly to this server, as one of several benefits they receive as paid members. Or you can create an account on a photo hosting website like Photobucket, upload your pictures there, and then post the link to them in the Our Rides Forum. Or you can send them to me and I can post them for you.

If you do not know where the location of the data plate is, it is on the post when you open the drivers side door. With the door open, you should see the door hinge and also the data plate staring you in the face. If it is not there, then someone took it off. Unfortunately, without the data plate, you cannot know what it left the factory with in the way of a paint job, interior, build date, tranny, etc.. However, there is a way to verify the VIN #. In my signature element is the link the the Technical Resource Library. Click on it and scan down the page below the Full Sized Fords, down under Data & History of the '58-'66 Tbirds. Look for the item about locating VIN #'s on the body of the '58-'60 Tbirds. It will show you where the VIN #'s are stamped at. The Technical Resource Library or TRL is chock full of information that you will want to make good use of.

Now, there is something else that you will want to look for in any paperwork that you receive with the car. See if you can find out if you are receiving the ROT (Rotation) Sheet, or Build Sheet. That piece of paperwork will tell you what the car left the factory with! Most times they are never found in the car, but sometimes you get lucky. After 50 years, they tend to crumble and are destroyed. If you find it, and it is readable, you will know exactly what your car was when it left the factory. They are often found in the springs of the back seat, or back rest, in the front seats, under the carpeting, and have been known to show up in other areas. So if you do not get that paperwork with the car (sometimes you do, because someone before you found it), when you have the chance to do so, look in those areas for it.

You can get a replacement data plate for it, but if you do not know the Data that was on the original plate, about all you can do is get a data plate that shows the VIN #. That information, as I recall, is on the TRL also. Good Luck!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
        The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
        Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
        Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
        https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Welcome Richard
          You will find this is a great site to meet all good folks and they will help in any way they can and I know we can learn from you

Comment

Hey Richard,
            Welcome to Squarebirds from another Richard! When you receive your Thunderbird we would love to see pictures of her! So jump on board, ask questions and comment often. We are here to help!
            Once again welcome!
            Richard D. Hord

Comment

• REM
              Apprentice
              • Mar 28 2011

Well.
              I got it home this weekend with no major hurdles.
              We found the vin# on the inner fender and it matched what was on the title so that was good.
              Now to get a new data plate for it. I'm hoping I can find a sheet in the car somewhere to help with the other data plate info.
              I twisted the fitting in the tank loose trying to get the plug out to drain the old gas but managed to get the tank out and repaired yesterday.
              I plan to check all the brakes out this week. No idea if they are new or shot or somewhere in between.
              I checked out casting #'s etc and this is what I came up with.

Casting # Date code

Block C5AE-A 4K1

Heads C4AE-C

Intake C5AE-C 4J29

Exh manif L C3SE-B 3C27
              R C3SE-A 3B22

TRANS C5AP-A 4J16

Here is the best pic I have for now.
              Can anyone tell me what color it is?
              Last edited by REM; April 4, 2011, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• tbird430
                Super-Experienced
                • Jun 18 2007

Looks like Corithian White to me in this pic.

It's like an off-white or a bone white color...

Those baby hub caps don't look bad on her either...
                sigpic
                The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                  Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Richard: Jon is correct as in 60, it was called Corinthian White / Code M / 1238 White. If you go to Technical Tips on the main forum page you can see a lot of things for your new classic.
                  Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                  Thunderbird Registry
                  58HT #33317
                  60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍