No announcement yet.

Carburetor review

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carburetor review

Hey guys, I just wanted to give a small review of a carb I installed a couple weeks ago. I originally had a holley 600cfm 0-80457S which I could never get more then 10mpg and the floats for what ever reason kept going out of adjustment and after pulling the fuel bowl for the 3rd time to readjust, I started looking for options.
    I came across the street demon 1900 and although the reviews were few and far between, they were all good, it is kind of a new carb for demon. Anyway I ended up giving it a shot, and I have been pretty impressed thus far, I went from 10mpg to 12mpg and I also went from just under 14" of vacuum @ idle to just over 18" and my power brakes love that. Here is a link if anyone is interested.
  • Dan Leavens
    Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Larry thanks for the heads up on the Street Demon as those Holley's can be a pain. Keep the original Holley to swap back should you decide to sell down the road and keep original. Another alternative a lot of us have used is the Carter
    Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
    Thunderbird Registry
    58HT #33317
    60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Leavens
      Larry thanks for the heads up on the Street Demon as those Holley's can be a pain. Keep the original Holley to swap back should you decide to sell down the road and keep original. Another alternative a lot of us have used is the Carter
      Dan, I already sold the Holley on Ebay. I know that 12MPG doesn't sound real good, but I live in the NE part of OK, and it is noting but hills and winding roads, so I might get a whooping 13 or 14mpg on the hwy

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎