Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

I like this job because it shows, there's more than one way to skin this cat. It may not be the cheapest, it may not use 14" wheels and the pads may not be available at all auto parts stores BUT, it's a nice system that will function far better than stock.

Everyone has their own way of doing things. This example is really nice, using modern materials and methods. I love it. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• villain
      Apprentice
      • Jan 23 2011

We ended up going a lot bigger with the brakes :-)
      And engine is almost done - Barnett High Performance built it.
      Suspension is done too.
      I will send some pics. It is getting close! :-)
      -- D_Villain
      - 1960 Thunderbird J-code Golde (Registry #1560)

Comment

• villain
        Apprentice
        • Jan 23 2011

Final color will be Ferrari's Grigio Medio. But we will wait a bit to do that for final tweaks and such.
        I head to Colorado to spec the interior with Mr. Sids on Monday (black and ox blood red)
        -- D_Villain

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

My new j-code golde

It has been quite some time since I last heard from David ~ villain. I see he has been busy. He just sent me a bunch of pix and I will post them so you can see what he has been up to with customizing his beautiful '60 Golde Top! You will also see a pic of his electronic fuel injection system...
          Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

My new j-code golde

David ~ villain just sent me some more pix of his customized '60 Golde Top that he has been working on. Feast your eyes on these!
            Attached Files

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• Wyldie
              Apprentice
              • Dec 22 2016

Sweet baby Jesus! Love it all, where did you get the custom gauges?

Comment

• villain
                Apprentice
                • Jan 23 2011

Originally posted by Wyldie
                Sweet baby Jesus! Love it all, where did you get the custom gauges?
                Thank you :-) Those were from Speed Hut in Utah. The ghosting of my logo in the faces worked out great!
                -- D_Villain

Comment

• YellowRose
                  Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

My new j-code golde

Dave ~ villain has been busy modernizing his J Code! Here is a pic of his rack and pinion steering going in and his disc brake setup:
                  Attached Files

Comment

• simplyconnected
                    Administrator
                    • May 26 2009

Love, love, LOVE the rack and pinion steering. He used the existing holes from the old steering box and idler arm for his R &P gear brackets.

What we don't see is his measurements, taken while the engine was still in place. That's how it's done.

I like the fact that R&P offers more room for exhaust on the LH side and more room for starter motor maintenance on the RH side.

The rear end is a beast. It's going to need a Panhard bar. Nice job! - Dave
                    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• byersmtrco
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Sep 28 2004

I had a 71 Charger

Originally posted by Bob M
                      Dave it looks like you have a great start on a wonderful car

Comment

• byersmtrco
                        Super-Experienced
                        • Sep 28 2004

I LOVE IT!!
                        That Sunroof is AWESOME !!!!

4200 Lb's of WoopA__!!!!!!!!!!

The whole thing!!!!!!
                        Last edited by byersmtrco; October 15, 2017, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• YellowRose
                          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

My new j-code golde

Dave sent me three new pix of his engine which is about to go together. Here is what he had to say and the pix.

"It's about to go together! 444cu in, 471hp 495ft lb torque".
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                            Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Sweet looking set up
                            Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                            Thunderbird Registry
                            58HT #33317
                            60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• pbf777
                              Experienced
                              • Jan 9 2016

Congratulations on your efforts with this project!

Love the individual runner stack intake system! Perhaps this manifold is of a plenum design vs. I.R.? What are the throttle bore diameters?

For one who may be looking for the "9's", or just to utilize the greatest potential possible from the engine, if of an I.R. design, note that stack length will/is compromised from the potential "ideal" for appearance & packaging (hood clearance), and that the small individual air cleaners will interfere with top-end performance.

Also, at this level of build, did your engine builder discuss oil pan options/concerns? The unit as seen in the photos appears O.E.M. production, or at least of the same approximate holding capacity?

Scott.
                              Last edited by pbf777; November 3, 2017, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• villain
                                Apprentice
                                • Jan 23 2011

Pretty sure the diameters are 50mm - I believe it's this kit?: http://www.efisupply.com/inglese_efi.htm

The engine builder is Barnett High Performance in MI. BR Cars in Colorado is doing the rest of the build.
                                I have been pretty much leaving it to the team - with my requirements defined obviously...I will have to ask about the oil pan. I still want a new/larger fuel tank on it too.
                                It is intended to be a cruiser that I can roll up and down the coast of CA, so I am not super concerned with every ounce of potential - I have access to faster cars to run fast track times with :-) I just want it to run strong, capable of highway cruising, and lay big burnouts :-)

Originally posted by pbf777
                                Congratulations on your efforts with this project!

Love the individual runner stack intake system! Perhaps this manifold is of a plenum design vs. I.R.? What are the throttle bore diameters?

For one who may be looking for the "9's", or just to utilize the greatest potential possible from the engine, if of an I.R. design, note that stack length will/is compromised from the potential "ideal" for appearance & packaging (hood clearance), and that the small individual air cleaners will interfere with top-end performance.

Also, at this level of build, did your engine builder discuss oil pan options/concerns? The unit as seen in the photos appears O.E.M. production, or at least of the same approximate holding capacity?

Scott.
                                -- D_Villain

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎