Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pschouery
    • Apr 28 2012

Originally posted by KULTULZ
    Too bad the engine isn't a HM prepped 430 of the period.

I would think just the rust free body alone (60 Golde Top) would be worth the asking price (?) and the drive-train could be sold. I wonder if it was originally a 352 or 430 car?
    ____________________________________________________________ __

BTW-

Let's just say if a 1960 352/360HP (FORD's competition engine for that year) BIRD was released, it would have come through with KH 15" steel wheels of the period. No PB or PS.

I am also fairly sure the 59 BIRD (430) was the only and last year of the NASCAR BIRD (as prepped and raced via HM) as FORD re-entered the race car war in 1960 and the 1960 SUNLINER was much lighter than the BIRD.

It is a beautiful build never-the-less.
    originally it was a 352, according to the data card

Comment

• pschouery
      • Apr 28 2012

Dear friends:
      You know those acquaintances of yours that are so envious of your Squarebird. You don’t have room for one more car in your garage but they do. Here is a chance for him or her to own a modified T-Bird! She is a joy to take up to the local drive in. She is an eye catcher with her big racing decals and beautiful lines. That big block 460 Holman and Moody engine puts her in a category by herself. She will not be in the same show category as your magnificent Original condition Bird, so you can have fun going to the same events with your friend. Her price of $15,000.00 is just right for your acquaintance to get started with their own car. Let your friends know she is looking for a new home and she would be the perfect addition to theirs!
      Patti

Contact me at…
      pschouery@hotmail.com Put T-Bird in the subject line so I won’t miss it.

Comment

• scumdog
        Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Originally posted by Griffin
        Just like Anders I was very tempted when I saw the condition of that car and the price. The colour is perfect too. Unfortunately there is no way I could import it into Oz with a 460 motor. The local rules are very strict on modifications like that and I would never get it registered here. Oh, and there is also the minor matter of a 1961 convertible I happen to have which is trying my patience to the max.

Who knows, maybe I will be on the lookout for a nice Squarebird in the future....

Mark
        Buy it and ship it to N.Z. and I'll have it on the street here no worries!

Then you can visit me any time you want and drive it.

Problem solved eh?
        A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

Hey Scumdog, now why didn't I think of that? You know, at the rate my car is going over here I'd probably get to drive the one in NZ more often.

Comment

• pschouery
            • Apr 28 2012

Well my friends my 1960 Thunderbird is going to e-bay.

Comment

• YellowRose
              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

'60 Golde Top Holman-Moody NASCAR Replica For Sale

Hi Patti, I am sorry we could not find a home for it for you. You probably will find a home for it by putting it on eBay. Someone is gonna take it off your hands, I bet! Good luck with it.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
              The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
              Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
              Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
              https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎