X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

Seat Belt Floor Dimples

I looked at my 1960 Golde Top today. I want to install the front seatbelts. The floorboards are not rusted yet, I cannot find the dimples for the outboard mounting of the seatbelts. I know I need to measure 2.5 inches outwards from them, but that does not help if I cannot find them. Are the holes supposed to go through the seams? How far aprt are the eyebolts when they are installed?

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic
  • byersmtrco
    Super-Experienced
    • Sep 28 2004

RE: Seat Belt Floor Dimples

Wasn't there a post on here awhile back? I thought someone went thru this recently. I should have mine back later this week. I'll look. My floorboards are pretty good shape. Car never had s/belts (in frt)
    I need to install them too. My seats are going to the uph/shop soon. That's when I'll install them.

Comment

>I looked at my 1960 Golde Top today. I want to install the
      >front seatbelts. The floorboards are not rusted yet, I
      >cannot find the dimples for the outboard mounting of the
      >seatbelts.

Alex measure from the inboard side or the right driver, left passenger and take your measuremnt from that point and go accross. That is what helped me out. The dimples are so hard to find i had to brush the floor and use a good carb cleaner (great for getting grit off) and that is how i found them and went from there. Let me know what else i can do to help, do you need any of my pics let me know
      mark

Comment

• JBird
        Experienced
        • May 22 2005

Alexander,

I have the seats out of my 59 and I just looked for the dimple. What I found is about 3/16th's of an inch of undercoating with factory paing on top. I did locate the "existing" hole with a rubber plug though. It was 2-3 inches (didn't measure) from the inside of the rocker panel located in the driver-side read floor pan.

I plan on replacing all 4 floor pans later so, if the location of this dimple is critical for a correct installation I will remove the sound deadner or undercoating and wire bruch the floor pan to locate the dimple. I will then measure from the known location of the "existing hole" where the dimple is located.

You can layout your hole using that known starting point. Right now I'm in the middle of welding the hood skin back on after removing all the rust and priming the unprimed metal. I also replaced my hood pads but put them INSIDE the lower part of the hood and the skin. That way they won't fall when the adheasive lets loose or get pulled down by nistake. That's a ton of work. I was lucky though. The hood crimp in the front had nearly rusted through to the surface and probably would have right after I painted it. :-(

Now for the trunk lid....

Comment

• JBird
          Experienced
          • May 22 2005

please forgive the spelling... I've got Macular Degeneration and typing and proof reading are a real pain.

Comment

• Alexander
            Webmaster
            • Oct 30 2002

Thanks for the help. To make proofing easier, you can download the Google toolbar. It includes a spell checker.

You can click on edit if you want to correct spelling errors after you have posted.

Alexander
            1959 Hardtop
            1960 Golde Top
            Alexander
            1959 Hard Top
            1960 Golde Top
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢