Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-Mail Question

Not growing up on computers I amalways worried about doing somthing wrong
    I recived a e-mail from <you@yourmail>
    Subject ForumAccount Informationat htto://www,squarebirds.org/ogi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi

This email is sent by DCFForum Email retieval system at

If yoou have not requested this service please reply to this email and let the administrator of the web site be aware Thank you.

It then give me Username and password

My Question did this come from Squarebird and if so why and what should I do

Thanks
    Bob M
  • SandyBoy
    Super-Experienced
    • Oct 31 2002

RE: E-Mail Question

I can undersand. At 59, I too did not grow up on computers, nor do I rely and/or turn to them for help for things I did my whole life, without them. In other words, I don't run to the 'Puter at first thought!
    After having my computer fried and then paying $300 to try & rescue whatever could be (much - not all) and again at a later date having all of my e-mails wiped clean, and losing lots of good stuff, I made a rule. On an e-mail, if I don't recognize either:- a) a person's name or b) a common subject (such as, "Bill, from the Town Car board" ~ ~ I don't open it! Sure, along the long & winding road, I've probably missed a couple of REAL honest e-mails, but I have probably also missed a whole lot of trouble.

Example, if I were to write to you, you have no clue as to who I am, in the subject line, I'd put "Sandy from Square Birds Site" ~ If my question was about correct trunk mat, I would never put in the subject line Trunk Mat Question ~ unless we were good buddies & knew one & other (well) from this site.
    If in doubt..... don't open it. Computers are like condoms....
    Better safe than sorry

Sandy (A.K.A) "SandyBoy"

Comment

• Alexander
      Webmaster
      • Oct 30 2002

RE: E-Mail Question

Bob,

Did you sign up for subscription? that can canged in your message board user settings.

Also e-mails that users send through the message board have a return address of yourmail. You can opt out of receiving e-mails in your user settings.

Alexander
      1959 Hardtop
      1960 Golde Top
      Alexander
      1959 Hard Top
      1960 Golde Top
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢