X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woobie
    Experienced
    • Apr 1 2016

Originally posted by Frango100
    When the rotor passes each contact, a spark will fly over and burn a bit the contact. It is normal that some burn marks are there.
    But if the plug gaps are set too far( or when the plugs are worn), more voltage will be needed to create the spark and more burning of the contacts will occur.
    Thanks. The gaps on the plugs are fine but the newer wireset tested double the resistance of the set that was removed with the coil wire quadruple resistance. So it was back on with the older wireset and coil wire. Cleaned up the cap and rotor. But the crappy idle and poor low end performance was due to a carb stud that pulled out of the aluminum manifold.
    Austin

Comment

• Geoffreybusuttilmalta
      Experienced
      • Dec 9 2014

Well.thanks all folks gonna have the parts sent to a friend of mine..and sends themto me..coz to buythem they cost 30usd and toshipthem 76 😔 ...sooo cap n rotor be here soon

Comment

• sidewalkman
        Super-Experienced
        • Sep 14 2015

Originally posted by Geoffreybusuttilmalta
        Well.thanks all folks gonna have the parts sent to a friend of mine..and sends themto me..coz to buythem they cost 30usd and toshipthem 76 😔 ...sooo cap n rotor be here soon
        Let us know what happens after you install them.
        Scott
        South Delta, BC, Canada
        1960 White T-Bird, PS, PB that's it
        Red Leather Interior!
        www.squarebirds.org/users/sidewalkman
        Thunderbird Registry #61266
        http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_g...ibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢