This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2014, 06:07 PM
DaveSouthampton DaveSouthampton is offline
Join Date: Nov 19 2013
Posts: 34
DaveSouthampton is on a distinguished road

The DVLA ( Driver & Vehicle Licensing Authority I think ) holds the records for all vehicles and drivers in the UK. I guess the equivalent of your DMV ?

When you import a vehicle you have to get it registered with them to obtain a UK registration. To do this you have to insure the vehicle and get an MOT ( roadworthy ) test, although pre 1960 cars no longer need an MOT test.

As far as I know i should get an age appropriate number which should be 3 letters and three numbers. This is the same format as the number which the car had in california which was 352 TUY, and that fitted the plate fine. There is apparently a website called statesplates or something similar where you can get US style plates made.2

Although there are regulations as to the size / shape of licence plates and the text fonts etc. there are exemptions where a standard UK plate wouldnt fit etc. Also the police are apparently quite lenient with classic vehicles. I would hope they'd never seen a squarebird before and would be far to interested in the car to worry about the plates

It is torture having the car and not being able to take it out on the road hehe.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:34 PM.

Driving, racing or working on cars can be hazardous. The procedures and advice on this website including the message board are opinion only. and its webmasters and contributors do not guarantee the correctness of the advice and procedures. The and its webmasters assume no liability for any damage, fines, punishment, injury or death resulting from following these procedures or advice. If you do not have the skills or tools to repair your car, please consult a professional. By using this site you agree to hold harmless the, its authors and its webmasters from any resulting claim and costs that may occur from using the information found on this site.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Any submissions to this site and any post on this site becomes property of . The webmasters reserve the right to edit and modify any submissions to this site. All material on this is site is copyrighted by the Reproduction by any means other than for personal use is strictly prohibited. Permission to use material on this site can be obtained by contacting the webmasters. Copyright 2002-2016 by