X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pbf777
    Experienced
    • Jan 9 2016

AC Bracket for 430?

Does anyone know the correct casting number for the a.c. compressor support bracket?
    Is it cast or steel sheet fabricated?
    I was given the casting/engineering number EJB-2882-A as appears in the casting? Thank you, Scott.
  • partsetal
    Super-Experienced
    • Jun 4 2005

Scott, EBJ-2882-A is listed as the part # for a 56 Lincoln, described as: Triangular 3-5/8" x 2-3/4" x 3-3/8" The '56 would not have used the 430. The part # for the 60 is EDJ-2902-B as shown in the Osborne Electrical book. I've just installed the compressor on mine and recall seeing a casting number. It is not accessible now. It is a heavy rectangular casting with a separate 'ear' that bolts to a head bolt.
    Carl

Comment

• partsetal
      Super-Experienced
      • Jun 4 2005

Scott,
      The number you posted, EJB 2882 does not show up in my casting number listings.
      Carl

Comment

• pbf777
        Experienced
        • Jan 9 2016

Thank you for the information. Scott.

Comment

• partsetal
          Super-Experienced
          • Jun 4 2005

It appears that EDJ-2882-B is the correct part number as seen in this photo.
          Carl
          Attached Files

Comment

• pbf777
            Experienced
            • Jan 9 2016

Is this bracket (& others for AC) unique to Thunderbird chassis, or the same with others, using the MEL engine? Thank you, Scott.

Comment

• partsetal
              Super-Experienced
              • Jun 4 2005

Of the 6 430 Squarebirds with air that I've owned/parted all had the bracket pictured above. I've had a later 430 engine with a different style bracket, but I think it may have been an aftermarket one. Here is a photo of this different bracket.
              Carl
              Attached Files

Comment

• pbf777
                Experienced
                • Jan 9 2016

Yes, I agree; it appears to be aftermarket. Thank you, Scott.

Comment

• Derbird
                  • Jul 10 2016

Does anyone have a good source for this bracket? I am going to be installing a classic auto air system and this appears to be the missing link.

Comment

• YellowRose
                    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

AC Bracket for 430?

Kyle, according to what Carl ~partsetal posted you will need the EDJ-2882-B support bracket. I happen to have good contacts with Classic Auto Air and I can contact them on Tuesday to see what they have to say about this. I do not know how many 430 equipped Squarebirds they have put their CAA "Perfect Fit" system into, but I will find out. It might be that they either supply this bracket, make it in house, or know where to get it. Or maybe, they have not run into this situation in the past regarding a 430 equipped Squarebird. I will find out and let you know what they have to say.

The other suggestion I can make is to put a post in the For Sale/Parts Wanted Forum and ask if anyone owns an 430 AC equipped 1959-1960 Squarebird parts car that you could get that part off of...

I also have a question for you. Is your '59 Squarebird equipped with a 430MEL engine? If not, you probably do not need that mounting bracket, but I will find out.

Kyle, I just talked with Carl ~ partsetal. Carl said that IF you have a 352 equipped '59 or '60 Squarebird with AC, you do NOT need that support bracket. It was only used on a 430 equipped Squarebird with AC. So, which engine do you have in that Bird?
                    Last edited by YellowRose; May 27, 2017, 09:45 AM. Reason: Additional Information

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Derbird
                      • Jul 10 2016

Someday I should fill out my signature. I do have a 430 in the car. I talked with CAA and they have everything but the bracket, du to it being such a low volume. I will post in the wanted section hopefully sooner than later. Thanks.

Comment

• jopizz
                        Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

I would check with Carl and see if he has one. He is constantly parting out cars so he may have come across one.

John
                        John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
                        jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

Comment

• YellowRose
                          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

AC Bracket for 430?

Hi Kyle, you have probably been talking with my CAA contacts then, Steve or Dwight. I have one more that I can call. This may present a real problem, because that part is not all that common. I have already done some searching on it, based on the part number that Carl posted. Your best bet is to post something in the For Sale / Parts Wanted Forum, and hope someone has a 430 AC equipped 1959 or 1960 Tbird or Lincoln equipped parts car you can get that part off of...

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• YellowRose
                            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

AC Bracket for 430?

I can tell you right now that Carl does NOT have one! I just asked him. He sold the only on he had. He said that if you cannot find one, (and it will probably another of those unobtainian type of parts hard to find) someone is going to have to take a look at that picture posted and see if they can make one to fit..... But, come Tuesday, after the holiday, I will start calling around to all the OEM/used parts houses, give them that part number and see if anyone happens to have one in their inventory... If anyone can find one, that is "The Bloodhound"... Me... as I am known. Once I put my nose to the ground, I don't give up!

Comment

• jopizz
                              Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

I imagine the same bracket was used on Lincolns that had 430's. You might have better luck checking with Lincoln parts places since there were more Lincolns built with that engine than Thunderbirds.

John
                              John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
                              jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎