No announcement yet.

1963 Exhaust Manifolds

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

1963 Exhaust Manifolds

Hello, I am a squarebird person who in one of my purchases of a 59 parts car I acquired a set of C3 exhaust manifolds. I very carefully heated them up and removed them from the heads. No "ears" broke or cracked. They appear to have no cracks and are in good condition. I sandblasted them and they look great. They don't appear to have any pitting and are the best set of any t-bird manifolds I've ever seen (3 years experience...not much).

In the near future I am going to be selling them and I already understand the value of the 58-60's. I've checked on-line with one company and they have them listed for about $500-$550 per set. Is this the going rate? If not what is a fair market value. Is anyone out there interested? They will probably make their way onto ebay in the up coming months.

I also received a steering column with wheel that has a hinge on the bottom that may work as a swing away column. What is this worth?

Thanks

• Hawkrod
    Experienced
    • Oct 31 2005

RE: 1963 Exhaust Manifolds

63 manifolds will usually bring around $100 for a super nice set that are cleaned and detailed as long as they are not pitted. They are actually quite common and the prices for good used ones are about $25-30 each for non-pitted ones on eBay. I have never actually heard of a pair selling for more than $100 unless they were new. Hawkrod

Hawkrod

39 Ford Deluxe Coupe
    59 Tbird 430
    60 Lincoln Premier
    (2)62 Tbirds
    (3)68 Cougar XR7-G's
    69 Cougar 428CJ 4 speed
    77 1/2 Ford F250 4X4 w/460 swap
    86 SVO mustang
    76 F250 Crew Cab
    [font size=4][a href="http://www.supermotors.org/members/profile.php?user=hawkrod"] look at my cars past and present at superford! [/a][/font]

Comment

If you have a pair for a 60 I can use them.....
      mark

Comment

• Alexander
        Webmaster
        • Oct 30 2002

They now reproduce the exhaust manifolds for 1958 to 1960 Thunderbirds.

Alexander
        1959 Hardtop
        1960 Golde Top
        Alexander
        1959 Hard Top
        1960 Golde Top
        sigpic

Comment

I don't have a solid pair. I may have one side.
          Sorry. Actually I think one side of the 63's is interchangable with the 58-60's. I'm not 100% on that

Alex,
          Who reproduces them?

Comment

• Alexander
            Webmaster
            • Oct 30 2002

I saw them at Fall Carlisle. Bob's Bird House and Pat Wilson had them. Many of the vendors on our links page will have them.

Alexander
            1959 Hardtop
            1960 Golde Top
            Alexander
            1959 Hard Top
            1960 Golde Top
            sigpic

Comment

• Hawkrod
              Experienced
              • Oct 31 2005

>I don't have a solid pair. I may have one side.
              >Sorry. Actually I think one side of the 63's is
              >interchangable with the 58-60's. I'm not 100% on that
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >Alex,
              >Who reproduces them?

Sorry for the late response but for some reason my old account quit workking and I kept submitting for a lost password but the system has never responded. Fortunately I had registered under another name at some point and I just found the paperwork for that screen name. The 63 and newer manifolds will not work well on earlier cars. Prior to 63 the manifold was sealed to the tail pipe with a flat gasket. Starting in 63 they went to a donut seal. In order to use a donut the manifolds were redesigned with a bevel to accomodate teh seal. This bevel will not provide the sealing surface for a flat gasket. Hawkrod

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎