Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow, pretty quiet in this forum. I need some help with the 64 bird.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scumdog
    Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Originally posted by tbirds8
    I put a new trunk seal on my 66 and no more WATER. Now I can hide the christmas gifts, (they'll never look there).
    Both rubber drain-tubes were perished in my '66, hence a spot of rust in the trunk, it's a wonder the previous owner(s) hadn't noticed and done something about it.

So I replaced the drain tubes and the seal as well and no more wet trunk.
    A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• RustyNCa
      Super-Experienced
      • May 31 2007

Originally posted by KULTULZ
      OK...

The ILL I showed previously is a non-AC application.

The AC application takes a special mounting bracket (also mounts idler pulley) C4AZ 10A313-D along with adjustment arm C4MY 10145-A.

A fairly detailed ILL is shown in the 60/64 MPC under SECTION 190 PGE 589 and the ILL NO. is P-4409. I have microfiche only but if anyone here has the MPC in book or CD they can make a copy of that ILL and post it here.

HOW ABOUT THIS?

http://catalogs.google.com/catalogs?...um=3&ct=result
      Thanks, that would be great.

So from looking at that listing the mount is a one year only mount? So is the water pump that goes on the 64 the same as the pump on the 58? The pump that is on the car, the new extra one I had in a box (came with one of the cars), the pump on the 390 in my 58, and on the 65's all have the same setup. The pump on the 352 has a longer shaft and pin on it, where all the others have a raised mounting area where the pin is on the 58s. this raised section is the part that seems to be giving me grief. I could cut down the bracket to clear this, but seems like maybe there are different water pumps?

Comment

• KULTULZ

I am sure the mount is 64/65 without going back downstairs. It was used on all FE AC applications, FORD-MERC-BIRD.

You need the period correct WP.

Comment

• RustyNCa
          Super-Experienced
          • May 31 2007

I am sure the mount is 64/65 without going back downstairs. It was used on all FE AC applications, FORD-MERC-BIRD.

You need the period correct WP.
          Hmm, well, I can tell you the mount on the two 65s is different than this mount for the 64.

The two 65s have a cutout on the mount that goes around the one raised mounting face on the waterpump, the bracket that I have with the 64 does not have this cutout, other than that the brackets are very similar.

I will need to shoot some photos of the parts in question eh?

But on a very very happy note, found out today, I got the house I made an offer on that was in forclosure So I will soon have a place with four garage bays so looks like the 65 special, the 68 olds vert and the 58 will be going inside a garage here shortly.

When you add in my GF's garage we will have 6 bays avail to store the cars in

Comment

• GTE427
            Super-Experienced
            • Oct 9 2007

Congrats on the new garages, that's a dream come true for most of us. Oh, hope you like the house also.
            Ken
            1959 J Convertible
            1960 J Hardtop

Comment

Now that's good news. You can never have enough in door parking.

Comment

• KULTULZ

...sheesh...

Originally posted by RustyNCa

Hmm, well, I can tell you the mount on the two 65s is different than this mount for the 64.

The two 65s have a cutout on the mount that goes around the one raised mounting face on the waterpump, the bracket that I have with the 64 does not have this cutout, other than that the brackets are very similar.
                You are correct sir and I apologize. I should have checked the MPC before a$$-u-ming something I was not entirely sure of.

The 65/66 mounting bracket carried a Service PN C9TZ 10A313-A. Obviously this is not the origional PN but a later service replacement. If you are a numbers correct guy, you would want to make sure any Stamping I.D. Nos. on the bracket match the year of useage.

The PN I listed before was 1964 unique.

Comment

• RustyNCa
                  Super-Experienced
                  • May 31 2007

You are correct sir and I apologize. I should have checked the MPC before a$$-u-ming something I was not entirely sure of.

The 65/66 mounting bracket carried a Service PN C9TZ 10A313-A. Obviously this is not the origional PN but a later service replacement. If you are a numbers correct guy, you would want to make sure any Stamping I.D. Nos. on the bracket match the year of useage.

The PN I listed before was 1964 unique.
                  Ah,, now I get what you are telling me... bit slow on it eh? You were saying check the part number dummy....

Comment

• KULTULZ

Originally posted by RustyNCa

Ah,, now I get what you are telling me... bit slow on it eh? You were saying check the part number dummy....
                    No.

The 1964 bracket is unique to 1964 only (as you informed me). The bracket for the 65/66 is unique to those model years only.

SOMETIMES parts such as these have Stamping I.D. Nos. on them that identify the part for crossover. For a vehicle to be numbers correct (dedicated restoration), all of these stampings would have to apply to the assembly year. If you are not a numbers correct person, it would not matter.

I hope I made sense that time...

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎