Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RustyNCa
    Super-Experienced
    • May 31 2007

I guess I don't get why you would need all the extra items, the linkage on the eldebrock is the same as my old carter right?

I am running the stock linkage setup bolted onto the performer manifold, all I did was swap which side the metal rod that went from the back linkage up to the 4100 went through(seemed like it worked better that way), added threads to the end of the rod, added a swivel joint(not really sure what you call the thing). It then has a bolt on one side which goes into a hole that was on the carter's existing linkage, added a nylock nut on the bolt, perfection, works fine for me.

I don't have any excess junk anywhere, looks factory unless you look hard under the air cleaner and is pretty clean.

Oh, and Ray, the Speed Demon carb which I used to have before the Carter dropped right on the 352 manifold, so I see zero reason for some adapter.

Didn't think about it till now, I should have taken photos of what my linkage looks like on the 58....

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Edelbrock Carb source

Hi Rusty,

I understand the confusion. I am confused also. Keep in mind that any change out of carbs on my '59 is going to be from a Holley 4160 to an Edelbrock 1406. Because I have the Holley on there and not an Autolite 4100 or Carter, the Edelbrock Tech told me that I was going to have to get the Ford Throttle kit (as did El Guapo, as I recall) and the Auto tranny extension rod to make it match up. Maybe I will and maybe I won't. I won't find that out until the Holley comes off and the Edelbrock goes on, I guess. This is the same guy who told me that I would have to have an adapter from Trans Dapt to make the bottom of the Edlebrock match up with the holes in the intake manifold.... Believe me, if I do this, and it works, as ya'll say it does, I am going to "educate" him!

If I do this, I probably will get those two kits and have them on hand to put on IF they are needed. I dont want to get into a carb swap out only to find out I really do need the kits and then have Autozone tell me they have to order them. If I dont need them, I will take them back. Like you, I dont have any spare parts laying around to tinker with.

Thanks for letting me know your Speed Demon drops right on. I am sure the Edelbrock will also. Once again, thanks for all the help!

Good Birding!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
      Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎