X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stubbie
    Experienced
    • Jul 7 2011

Front Bumper Brackets

Just need to check on the shape of the front bumper brackets. My driver side bracket has a bend in it as per the picture attached but my passenger side is flat. Obviously one is the incorrect shape or are they both supposed to have a slight bend in them. Thanks for any help.
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
    Last edited by stubbie; August 5, 2015, 07:34 PM.
  • Yadkin
    Banned
    • Aug 11 2012

Both mine are flat. Was the bumper on correctly when you disassembled?

Comment

• stubbie
      Experienced
      • Jul 7 2011

It looked ok on the car. I don't remember thinking that it looked out of shape. And I don't remember any huge gaps anywhere. What I'm worried about now is if I straighten this out is it going to fit back together properly.
      Cheers

Comment

• Yadkin
        Banned
        • Aug 11 2012

Figure at least eight hours of assembly for every hour of disassembly. A lot of that is "rough fitting" parts together, removing them, adjusting, then re-fitting.

These brackets and bumpers are some of the last parts to go on the car. Fit and adjust the doors, then fit the fenders, then fit the hood, then adjust the fenders and hood. After all that the bumpers go back on.

At that point you'll be able to see what needs to be done to the bracket so that the small round holes in the bumper are lined up within the range of the large oblong holes in the brackets. If you have to heat up and flatten one of them, you can do it then.

By the way, the finish I used on my brackets is what farmers use on plow parts. I prepped mine years ago by wire-brushing most the rust off and spraying the stuff on. 20 years later my painter oversprayed onto it, and I re-applied what was left in a 20-year old spray can of plow paint to make it all a uniform dull black.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎