X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Brian Sanderson~eauctioner Has 2 Tbirds

Here are a couple of pix that Brian sent me of his '60 Black Raven, 430MEL, Golde Top and his pretty light blue '61 Flairbird. Both are beautiful Tbirds. Brian just became a Paid Member, and we appreciate the support very much! Brian, have you registered your two Tbirds with John Rotella's Tbird Registry? Here is the link to it, if you have not. http://www.tbirdregistry.com/ We are trying to maintain a record of every Tbird we can, crunched, parted out, or still alive and kicking. Here are the pix.
    Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Hey Brian,
    I'm a big '58-'60 Thunderbird lover, but that '61 is just gorgeous! Thanks for pictures. Both are very nice!!!
    Richard D. Hord

Comment

• Anders
      Super-Experienced
      • Jan 19 2008

Originally posted by Richard D. Hord
      Hey Brian,
      I'm a big '58-'60 Thunderbird lover, but that '61 is just gorgeous! Thanks for pictures. Both are very nice!!!
      Richard D. Hord
      Same here. I guess some will not like my opinion, but I have problems with Black 58-60 birds... They look like "some priests car"...
      This 61 is just a pure beuty! Upon that, the 61-63 birds have in my opinion the best interior design of all times. The way the dash comes down to the center consol is simply unbeatable.
      Last edited by Anders; January 21, 2010, 02:20 PM.
      sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
      http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• simplyconnected
        Administrator
        • May 26 2009

Sorry to disagree Anders, but that '60 Raven black & chrome is dynamite. Nothing is more appropriate for any occasion or more beautiful than black and chrome. It is dressed up for a wedding-party but not over dressed for a weekend cruise.

You could be a priest (but I've never seen one in a classic Thunderbird), a doctor, lawyer, mayor, housewife... it doesn't matter. Whoever drives this car is styling in the lap of classic elegance, allure, and handsome enchantment. I am very jealous. - Dave
        Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
        --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• tbird430
          Super-Experienced
          • Jun 18 2007

Those are some very nice Birds. I love the color on that '61 bullet bird, and noticed the original hood too!!

-Jon in TX.
          sigpic
          The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
            Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Brian both cars are stunning and the colors look great on both of them. As a paid member, I just sent you by snail mail a squarebird.org window decal to display on your classic.
            Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
            Thunderbird Registry
            58HT #33317
            60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• fomoco59
              Super-Experienced
              • Jun 10 2005

There's a retired priest in my area who drives a black '60 Bird. He bought it in 1979! He's also the International Thunderbird Club Historian. We park together at cruise-ins when possible.
              sigpic
              Mike Lemmon
              '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• Anders
                Super-Experienced
                • Jan 19 2008

I know you would jump on me, and as I nearly asked for it. Itīs OK. Just my personal opinion on one color. I can live with it.

Maybe itīs the 58-60īs square form. I donīt know, Usally, I have no problem with Black cars. Itīs just something about priests, church or even funeral over it....FBI perhaps?.... Not wedding, thatīs for sure

But I can agree on being wrong here, as long as the owners love there cars Fair enough?
                Iīm not trying to defend "Ruthīs" color as Iīm donīt realy like that either. Itīs too pink to be red....
                Last edited by Anders; January 22, 2010, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• simplyconnected
                  Administrator
                  • May 26 2009

Anders, chill... how can a color preference be wrong? Ford made these cars in a host of colors for their buyers to choose. Originally, Ford made black cars. That didn't last long. It seems many opinions side with you.

You wouldn't believe how much money Ford could save by spraying just one color. In fact, Ford paints in 'batches' of at least a dozen bodies of the same color in a row, then they switch to the next batch.

Opinions and choices, makes the world go around. Thank God we all have different taste. Anders, we all don't think Ruth is ugly... (just kidding. I wish I had Ruth, or any T-bird).

Facinating to hear at least one priest owns a 'bird. He must love it, to be so involved with the club. - Dave
                  Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                  --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• fomoco59
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Jun 10 2005

Originally posted by Anders Myrberg
                    I know you would jump on me, and as I nearly asked for it. Itīs OK. Just my personal opinion on one color. I can live with it.

Maybe itīs the 58-60īs square form. I donīt know, Usally, I have no problem with Black cars. Itīs just something about priests, church or even funeral over it....FBI perhaps?.... Not wedding, thatīs for sure

But I can agree on being wrong here, as long as the owners love there cars Fair enough?
                    Iīm not trying to defend "Ruthīs" color as Iīm donīt realy like that either. Itīs too pink to be red....
                    I dunno, Anders, I think that '58 Grenadier Red is a one-year only color and is very nice. I have this love/hate thing for black cars. Love it when it's clean for the 5 minutes before I leave the house... and sitting at shows... Hate to get in it when it's 90 degrees out.
                    sigpic
                    Mike Lemmon
                    '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• Anders
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Jan 19 2008

I you just know how much work it is to get a new color developed, and accepted for production. It takes years. it take endless amount of testing, testing, tuning and testing. It pretty much never stops realy. I guess we ( at Volvo ) is having the same process as any other company. As I work at design ( styling ) that job is done in the same department as where I sit ( well...not much "sit" to be honest ) and itīs a quite difficult thing to develop what colors that will be on the cars.
                      There is numerus things to concider as trends, different market requests, "right for our brand", not to mension what work on what body and shape, in order to let the color give the model the "right" message. Shall it look sporty? Dynamic? Excusive? Sporty & Excusive? Or something else. What sells? What usually donīt? Is it a small car or a big car? You can paint a small car screaming lime metallic green. Most probably not a big car. Maybe in the ī50, but most probably not today.
                      Yes, there is some that we never seems to get rid of such as white, black, dark blue and red. Not to mension silver and different gradients of silver-grey.
                      We usually try to introduce a "eye catcher" with a compleatly new model, but these usually donīt last long, as real odd stuff tends to look dated quite quick.
                      But without any doubt, not all cars look good in all colors. One model can suddenly look awesome in white ( S60 ) while another model can look quite pale in the same ( S80 ) even though they look quite similar from a first glance.
                      Taste is always personal, but, yes, one colour can realy pop on one shape while the same can also do the opposite on another.
                      Last edited by Anders; January 22, 2010, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                        Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Well I am glad to see that discussion on colour codes is brisk, especially on the black part. You are all right that colour schemes are an acquired taste. For example, as stated, I am not and never have been partial to red ( any red ) on a car until I saw Sal's convert and then WOW That's the beauty of ownership and Mike ,yes I agree black is stunning, clean chrome gleaming and then you get to do it all over again.
                        Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                        Thunderbird Registry
                        58HT #33317
                        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Dutchbird
                          Experienced

• Dec 20 2005

Hi Brian,

Great cars!!!
                          Enjoy what you have and love them.....
                          My thought about the colour of (also your) cars is just the same as the color of people:
                          No matter what's on the outside, if you're attracted or feel a spark you'll cherish it!

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎