No announcement yet.

interior color change

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

interior color change

just purchased our second 60 bird after 36 years without one.sure does feel good.exterior is green,interior is two-tone green.going to strip to bare metal and repaint to 60 tbird white.would like help on how to dye interior to red and white as our original was.thanks

RE: interior color change

RV....

Dyeing the whole interior is a pretty "involved" proccess. I have a 58 and after buying reproduction "Gulfstream Blue and White" seat covers I realized they did not match the faded remaining door panels,trim, and new white dash (which had to be dyed also). Everything had to be removed including the console........cleaned.........and then sprayed with a puchased matching dye. You can buy special kits for this purpose. My guess is you would have to do the same. How you choose to do the dash and seats is up to you. I do stress though that all pieces be COMPLETELY FREE OF ALL DUST AND GREASE. My dye supplier sent me a special cleaner to be used before spraying anything. This will eliminate any "fish eye" patterns or uneven finishes on your final results. You may want to just invest in a new interior since all soft components are reproduced to original specs and readily available. I would stress too that the dash pad is a monster to replace.

Comment

Just went thru the same process you are talking about. If you care to email me off list, I will be glad to tell you all I learned and the suppliers and products I used.

tptpst@vnet.net

Comment

thanks for the quick replys,would like to have new but to expensive for us.we want to make this a daily driver.i sure am interested in what the results are with dye.thanks Bob

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎