X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cdhowell
    Apprentice
    • Jun 15 2011

Access problems

The last 4 or 5 days I have had problems accessing the forum from the home page. The button (for lack of the proper term) at the top of the page, is missing. When open up this site I usually just see....merchandise or members but never all at the same time. If i hit the refresh in the overhead bar, i may or may not get the forum button. I am on several sites daily and this is the only one I have a problem with. Any idea's
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Your computer uses 'resources'. Sometimes they get filled up, especially if you open more sites more frequently than your computer automatically deletes.

You can do this manually. If you are using Internet Explorer (that comes with Windows) look at the top bar. You will see a gear-looking thing called TOOLS if you wave your mouse over it (next to the star). Click on it.
    Go down and click on Internet options. A new screen appears.
    In the Browsing History, click on DELETE, and another window appears.

Usually, the first three options are all you need to delete (Temp files, history and cookies). When done, close your explorer and bring it up again. I don't think you need to reboot.

With more resources freed up, your computer should run much better and faster. Everyone needs to do this every once in a great while. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• cdhowell
      Apprentice
      • Jun 15 2011

Using Google chrome. Did there equivalate and no change still a 10 minute ordeal to get in the forum. And this is the only one I have a problem with

Comment

• simplyconnected
        Administrator
        • May 26 2009

I don't use Chrome. Ray? Are you having problems with Chrome?
        Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
        --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Access problems

Sorry, I did not see this until now. When I go to the Squarebirds Home page, Chrome does not show hardly any of the menu buttons at the top. However, I can copy/paste in the url for the Forum and it comes right up. Like Dave, I do not use Chrome to access the Forum. I use Firefox specifically for the Forum all the time with no problems. Charlie you might try using IE or Firefox and see if you have the same problem. No one else has complained about Chrome so far.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎