Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stu454bb
    Apprentice
    • Jan 27 2011

Awesome. Thanks guys. I'm getting more and more excited about the trip. Juantejeda, the link is great. More for the list!

Comment

• stu454bb
      Apprentice
      • Jan 27 2011

So its gone quick and in a few days i'll be L.A. bound. Really, I cant wait. I have a few bucks to spend at Pomona swap, looking for 1970's muscle. I would love some opinions from anyone that has bought cars from Pomona. Or any other places in LA to pick up classics.
      Then we are onto San Fran, down to
      San Diego and then out to Vegas for SEMA,
      If anyone knows any good rod shows that have come up, I would appreciate the heads up.
      Stu

Comment

• Penelope
        Super-Experienced
        • Mar 4 2008

Hi Stu, I recently returned from the same trip, so if you like give me a buzz on 0438921081 and I can give you some tips.

By the way Jaun is right, we did TJ and I was most uncomfortable the entire time, and was even body searched coming back into the US, not a great experience for and Aussie...I asked why they picked me, told it was random but they added my black moustache and olive skin didnt help!!!
        sigpicBill
        Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

• davidmij
          Super-Experienced
          • Jan 17 2011

Growing up in New Mexico I visited Jaurez many years ago. As the other guys said I'd stay out of Mexico. The crime is mostly drug and cartel related crime, and is directed at the law enforcement, political figures, and of course other gangs. You rarely hear of tourist having trouble - still, it's a mess and nothing really worth while to see and do. A friend and his wife vacationed down in the Baja area a year ago - they drove. On the way back they were forced off the road by a vehicle and 3 armed guys. They took their phones, wallet and purse. The thugs basically sat about ten miles outside of a small town and waited for their other friend in the town to call them and describe a lone vehicle to heist.

Dave J

Comment

• davidvend
            Apprentice
            • Aug 29 2009

I am David 60 Convertable in Burbank, California. A great place here is Bob's Big Boy on Friday nights in Toluca Lake (its free) lots and lots of great cars, right next to Universal Studios. Some times Jay Leno shows up with one of his fabulous cars. Just down the street is George Barris customs (must see) we also have Hollywood Hot Rods here in Burbank. You can reach me at (818) 848-8703 days cell (818) 402-9443 & Home 818 353-2992 I have a vending machine dist co at 800 So. San Fernando Blvd. Burbank, CA. Old coke & pepsi machines. I know the area well and can give you a lot of places to see & visit. Their is Mexican Village in Downtown LA. The Space Shuttle is moving downtown Inglewood and on its way to the Sceince Center in LA Sunday tomorrow is the last day of travel.

Comment

• Anders
              Super-Experienced
              • Jan 19 2008

Also in Burbank: Hollywood Hot Rod ( Troy Ladd ) and next door: Old Crow where they build it as in the Good ´ol Days. I have been to Troy before, and he is a super nice guy who build realy great cars. I have not visited Old Crow yet, but plan to do so as I´m off to LA, San Francisco and Las Vegas ( The SEMA show )in 10 days. Can´t wait to meet the sun again
              sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
              http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎