touch up paint

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

touch up paint

hi
    I was wondering if any of the thunderbird suppliers had touch up paint. I was going to do a little body work a little at a time and thought maybe i could spray as i go until i would be ready to paint the whole car. I have a 1960 conv. in aqua marine, "code C". Of all the sites i have been to i have seen no touch up paint. The other way to go if any one knows: was that color used on anything else earlier / later on any ford product? I know that my original paint is faded some but thought that i might compound the whole car to blend the repairs. I will paint it once my money tree in the back yard bares fruit or i get a lot of overtime.
    thanks
    mark

Discover the latest breaking news in the U.S. and around the world — politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports and much more.

• Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: touch up paint

I don't think any of th Thunderbird suppliers carry touch up paint.

You can try http://www.paintscratch.com/ . I have bought touch up paint for my 59 T-Bird from them.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

HI
      thanks Alexander, i went to the site and the color they are showing did not seem to match mine. I am hoping that this is just a web page mistake but did not see a contact telephone number to verify color. The other wild card is that it wasn't available in a spray can. Has anyone used there "paint pens" ? I am figuring that it is similar to a cheap shoe polish dispenser in design hopefully with better results.
      thanks
      mark

Comment

I'm no expert, but "good" automotive paint shops can match the color if you can supply a sample.

Comment

• SandyBoy
          Super-Experienced
          • Oct 31 2002

Try:
          We are the #1 LARGEST Automotive Paint color reference library in the WORLD! Modern Cars, Classic Cars, WWII, WWI. Where yesterday's colors come alive today. Enter the Vehicle Make and Year to view purchase options. Online ordering is safe and secure. We ship promptly from our warehouse and pass the savings to you.

they are very good & have old paint formulas, comes in a bottle with a brush. I've used it & it's very good !

Comment

• juantejeda
            Experienced
            • May 7 2004

If you have a good Napa Auto Parts in your area, they are great at matching paint, at least here in Lompoc where I live. Just take a small, painted part with you and they will do a computerized match and sell you what ever amount you want. They even put it into a spray can, if you want.

TJ
            TJ
            Thunderbird Registry #7960

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎