CONV. ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

CONV. ?

Hi
    I have a 1960 conv. and was wondering if anyone had come up with a way to know, either with a warning system or some other means when the folded tray on the trunk may come in contact with a item in the trunk when the top is in the up position. I use this as my main car and would like to come up with something idiot proof. I know that many think that these cars are for the garage and sunday driving but as i mentioned earlier, i drive my bird everyday. I want to paint it soon and from using the car i have suffered some scratches and so forth on this deck lid.
    thanks
    mark, 1960 aquamarine conv.

Discover the latest breaking news in the U.S. and around the world — politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports and much more.

• Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: CONV. ?

You could put in a simple mercury or contact switch to indicate that the flipper lid is in a certain position.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

Hi
      The top / lid works fine, it is when i put something in the trunk such as musical equipment i am concerned about the contents of the trunk hitting the lid. Any suggestion.
      later
      mark

Comment

• Alexander
        Webmaster
        • Oct 30 2002

You could adapt an alarm system where a laser type light hits a photo receptor, any break in the beam caused by an object triggers the alarm. Look for 12 volt components.

Alexander
        1959 Hardtop
        1960 Golde Top
        Alexander
        1959 Hard Top
        1960 Golde Top
        sigpic

Comment

• tarps3
          Super-Experienced
          • Jul 21 2003

you could check the trunk for contents and empty it before activating the top...

Casey
          60 hardtop
          Casey

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎