Collapse
No announcement yet.

Puttin on my first car show!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

With that poster I hope you have enough room to park at least 500 cars. Around here we charge $15.- $20. for entry fee and don't have any legs like that.
    Good Luck and we all will be waiting for pictures

Comment

• fomoco59
      Super-Experienced
      • Jun 10 2005

Oops.. that link didn't work...it's this one...

sigpic
      Mike Lemmon
      '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• Petrolhead
        Experienced
        • Jul 2 2007

Originally posted by YellowRose
        Glad you like the idea.
        I like both ideas, good thinking Yellow Rose. I'd prefer the CD as down here a lot of people are on dial up rather than high speed broadband, but Photobucket would work too. Thanks!

Comment

• Dan Leavens
          Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Ray I think your idea is great and that it would also benefit both members and non members alike. The CD format would be a lot more universal to all groups / countries, as the wireless method although probably has better resolution, may not be a feasable. The other area that this would benefit is the various car groups / TBird clubs all over, to see not only the TBirds but the various years,colours, styles, and modifications the owners have put on them. We just had a presentation at our Tbird club that had old footage in the 60's of sales presentations from Ford that was burned to a CD. It turned ot great.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
          Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
          Thunderbird Registry
          58HT #33317
          60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Thanks for the input! I have just begun to put a Power Show together. I am going to see if I can post it here, but I probably cant. So far, I started off with Alexander's white Tbird, and put in Bill's "Penelope". You can send pictures to me sized 1024x768. That size is almost a perfect fit in the box. I need music! A .wav file.. I think there was a movie called "Rolling Thunder". I have no clue what music was in it, but maybe the theme song from that?? Lets see if I can attach this power show... Nope, it will not go because it is not a recognized file type. Bill, I will send it to you in email. It is just a start...

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
            The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
            Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
            Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
            https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• YellowRose
              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

So far, I have added Alexander's Tbird from the calendar as the beginning picture in the power show. Bill has sent me pix of Penelope, so he leads off after that. Then Bob M. sent me pix of his, so his is next. Then Bill suggested that I find the music from an old British Sci-Fi puppet show of the '60's, called The Thunderbirds, and I did. So I converted those files to .wav format.

So now I have Alexander's, and two others cars in the show. Here is what I would like to do. Bob suggested some "before" and "after" pictures, and I think that is a great idea. So he sent me some. Bill did not take any before ones, unfortunately. So here is what I would like you to do when you send me pictures.

So please send me pictures of what your Birds looked like when you first got them. I think three pictures should do it. A frontal one that also gives you a side view. One of the engine bay, which I think is important for people to see what it looked like when we first got our cars. And one of the interior, hopefully being able to show a picture of the front and the back at the same time. So that would be three pictures "before" restoration started.

Then "after" restoration, a picture of a frontal view. A side view. There is no need to give me shots of both sides of the car because they will both look the same. A picture of the restored engine, a picture of the restored front interior, and one of the back interior and finally, a rear end shot. That would be six shots for a total of nine per car. I think that would do the trick. I added two interior shots because I think we want to give people the chance to see in detail both the front and the back. On the "before" shots, I think it would be sufficient to just use one shot, so people can get an idea of the overall interior condition when you got it.

If you can send them in 1024x768 size that works almost perfectly. However, if they are larger or smaller I can expand or compact them into the square I have to work with. I have sent a copy of what I have done so far to Bill and Bob. If you would like to see it, let me know if I can use your email address in your User ID. Pretty soon it is going to be to large to send by email. It is already 7.2mb in size, including the music file.

Let me know what ya think about this. If you don't like the idea, I will stop working on it. If ya do, please send me some good quality digital pictures!

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• juantejeda
                Experienced
                • May 7 2004

I'm in!

Here is where you can find my ride.

TJ
                Thunderbird Registry #7960

Comment

• Petrolhead
                  Experienced
                  • Jul 2 2007

Hi ya Ray

Thanks for doing this virtual show for the members.

Sorry, struggling with sending you pics. Tried both your PM and email links, and while it allows me to attach a URL for the images (which I don't have) I can't figure out how to directly attach and email files to you.

Would you please PM me your actual email address. I have some before and during (attached here) of my '62, but none after as it's not quite finished.

Regards

Alistair
                  Attached Files

Comment

• YellowRose
                    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Alistair, I sent you a PM with my email info. When you look at my user ID info, you should see, off to the right, the options to send me an email or a PM. If you click on Send me an Email, it will send it to the email address I am using. Although it is not showing, there is an email address there. Some of you do not have one set up, but I do. You just dont see it.

Juan, I got your photos off loaded that I want to use. She is a very pretty car. I have never seen anyone paint their gas tank and A-frames before, (until my mechanic painted mine silver!) to match the body paint!

Keep those pix coming! I added Alexander's white car, but still need a good picture of his black Golde Top. I also added Kevin Hansons really pretty mint green one, I think was the color.

Comment

• Petrolhead
                      Experienced
                      • Jul 2 2007

Thanks a lot Ray, got your PM and have sent you the photos

I'm sure I speak for everyone on this forum when I say thanks for all the work you do for us

Cheers

Alistair

Comment

• YellowRose
                        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Thanks, Alistair! Today, I have added pix from Kevin Hason, Alistair, Juan Tejeda, and added another set of pix from Rusty. Wait until you see those! This should be one terrific power show. It is about 40mb big now. Send me some more pix. I would love to get some from Dano, JohnG, and many others. I still have about a week before I have to ship this show to EG for his show. So I have time to add yours.

Comment

• juantejeda
                          Experienced
                          • May 7 2004

Misti

I've got some pre-resto pics I can scan and send, ket me know if you have room.
                          TJ

Comment

• juantejeda
                            Experienced
                            • May 7 2004

Music

How about the Beach Boy's "Daddy took the T-Bird away"??????
                            TJ

Comment

Comment

• YellowRose
                                Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi JT, yes, I can add some "before" pix to the show. We will have plenty of room on that CD. So send me some of those. I like getting the "Before" and "After" pix when you have them. It lets others see what you started with (like Rusty's "Playboy" for example) and what you ended up with.

EG I sent you a PM. You should see that waiting for you when you log back on. Keep sending me those pix, guys! I have time to get them in still.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎