• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deviot
    Apprentice
    • Aug 1 2013

Front seats

Hi all,
    I have spent some time of the electric seats and figured out I have a dead relay. In the process if looking up wiring diagrams etc I'm starting to wonder if the seats I have a re correct for a 1959 year. The seats I have have a round chrome hinge cover which I cannot see in the catalog for my year.
    Are there any differences across the three years on the seats? Could I have a even later year.
    Thanks. Dave.
    Attached Files
    sigpicHello from Australia
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Dave, the exact same seat hardware was used in all three years of Squarebirds. Here's the Ford Master Parts Catalog page:

Right click on the picture for a much larger size, and then another menu will appear. Click on, 'Save target as...'

Save it on your computer so you can print it.

What relay bit the dust? Do you need a replacement?
    I would like to see more pictures of your seat from different angles. Here we are some fifty years later and half a world apart, wondering if there have been changes. I'd be surprised if there haven't been changes. You lads do what you can to make things work having very few resources.
    Hope this helps. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• deviot
      Apprentice
      • Aug 1 2013

Seats

Hi,
      See attachéd photo of base and seat.

The seat only have a single motor with 4 wires, and the seat has vertical pattern lines and a chrome hinge button.

Thanks

Dave
      Attached Files

Comment

• deviot
        Apprentice
        • Aug 1 2013

Seat photo

Photo of side of seat.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Dakota Boy
          Super-Experienced
          • Jun 30 2009

looks like a 1961 front seat you have there...
          http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• deviot
            Apprentice
            • Aug 1 2013

Based on what I have seen I thought they were most likely from a 61. That being the case that appear to look similar in size to a 59. Since I'm in Australia, getting the correct ones may be a little challenging so I will probably have to keep them. Would seat foam from a 59 fit on them or are they more different than they appear. I'm about to order a trim kit to suit the 59 but not sure what to do now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

Comment

• Tbird1044
              Super-Experienced
              • Jul 31 2012

Just as a reference, here are some pics of the seat track out of my 1960. You definitely have a different track.
              Nyles
              Attached Files

Comment

• Tbird1044
                Super-Experienced
                • Jul 31 2012

Dave:
                I thought there is supposed to be a 3/4" spacer between the front of the seat where it attaches to the base. Don't see it on the picture. Was this something someone added to give the seat a little more tilt?
                Nyles

Comment

• YellowRose
                  Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Front seats

Dave, I might suggest that you post in the For Sale / Used Parts Forum that you are looking for a front seat base assembly from a '58-'60 Squarebird. Maybe you need both of them. Someone, who is parting out Squarebirds, probably has one or two, if you need the passenger side also, that you can get. Or ask Carl Heller ~ partsetal on here. Carl has lots of Squarebird parts and he ships all over the world. You certain have the wrong seat base frame in your Tbird.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                  The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                  Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                  Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                  https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎