• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blower motor fuse Location ???

anyone know where it is and the power source for that circuit. Thanks, Mike
  • Howard Prout
    Experienced
    • Feb 11 2009

My wiring diagram shows it on the black feed wire from the ACC post of the ignition switch to the blower switch.
    sigpic "Old Betsy" - my '59 convertible J9YJ116209 Thunderbird Registry #33341

Comment

Thanks Howard ...

I found the diagram on the tech page. It was missing from my manual. Cheers, Mike

Comment

• simplyconnected
        Administrator
        • May 26 2009

Howard is right. It's usually in an in-line fuse holder,located right next to the blower switch.
        Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
        --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Thanks guy's ...

Apparently blew the fuse running the blower on my a/c conversion. I think I shorted it out when I was fooling with some wiring from the blower switch and the manual switch I put in for the compressor clutch. After looking at the leg feeding power to both those items I decided to use a 40amp relay triggered from the ignition switch on position to provide power to a fuse block from from a 10ga wire from the batt. on a 40amp circuit breaker. Will have 5 "always on" circuits and 5 switched. Should have just yanked it all and redone every thing in stead of piecemeal like I have, but this is supposed to be my driver so I don't have that luxury of having it down to bare bones like some of my other projects. Thanks again for taking the time to help me out. Mike

Me standing on my head trying to figure out what it is I'm looking for. That ign. switch is a real bear to get out.

Comment

• simplyconnected
            Administrator
            • May 26 2009

Mike, I love the pic. I also like the idea of adding a relay-controlled fuse block. I hope you put it under the hood or in a convenient place.

One peeve I have is, the IN-accessibility of Squrarebird fuses. My aggrivation really escalates when I'm on the road, searching under a dark dash for a fuse.

I always pay close attention to your innovations, Mike.
            Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
            --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Dakota Boy
              Super-Experienced
              • Jun 30 2009

"Lying under the steering column with a brake pedal tearing at your ear is no way to go through life"

(parts of the statement above have been borrowed from the movie, Animal House)
              http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎