X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

To Prospective Squarebirds Users

From time to time, we get emails through the Contact Us feature on this Forum from prospective new users who run into problems trying to register, for whatever reasons. We get dozens of new members each month who seem to be able to go through the registration process without any problems. However, there are some people who seem to have problems.

Just the other day we had someone who emailed us to say he was having problems registering. I answered him, but he has not responded. The same thing happened several weeks ago. I would like to remind you of this. BEFORE YOU REGISTER, PUT MY EMAIL ADDRESS'S IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK... I suspect that when I answer you from my rayclark07@gmail.com or rayclark07@att.net email address, your email system, not recognizing either email address, puts my response, or Dave's, to your email in your SPAM or Deleted folder... Therefore, you probably think that we never replied to you. Check your SPAM or Deleted or other folders for responses from us. You might think that we do not care to have you as new members, but we DO! But we cannot help you if you do not receive our responses for your requests for help. Neither I nor Dave Dare ~ simplyconnected, our webmaster cannot reply to you from the webmaster email address that is used to contact us. Dave's email address is Simplyconnected@aol.com You can also call us on the phone for help. My number is 210-674-5781 and Dave's is 248-544-8834. We should be able to talk you through the registration process, which is not difficult. We do have extra security in place because of past problems with hackers and spammers. Those procedures, so far, have kept them out.

I am posting this in hopes that you will see this and that it will help those of you who might be having problems registering.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Please feel our frustrations, too. Many times, a new user will post his first question, then we never hear from him again. In the mean time, we are digging out and posting part numbers, venders to buy from, and how-to instructions.

New users usually ask the same questions regarding problems we have resolved and posted on the Technical Resource Library (TRL). It's simply easier to re-ask the question, even though Ray puts the link in his 'welcome' post.

I encourage everyone to clean out your Temporary Internet Files. It took Dan Leavens' computer a few minutes to complete because he had thousands of files sitting there from many years. Afterward, his computer was much faster, and his Internet Explorer started working correctly, again.

When you are in Internet Explorer (like right now), at the top click on:
    * Tools
    * Internet Options (at the bottom of the list), then a new window appears. The second paragraph should be, Browsing history. Click on Delete and follow the instructions. IE9 (and most of the newer ones) will let you save your passwords, etc., and only delete old files (that you never use). - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎