X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Kirsten's Mystery Parts...

Kirsten sent me pix of what the PO had in the trunk when she got her Tbird. Some of them she knows what they are, others, not so much. Here is what she said and what she sent.

"Here are some parts that came with the car.
    The first thing is a rubber circular thing I'm not sure what it is.

Photo 1

The next photo are some misc interior trim pieces, I recognize the thicker piece as something that goes on the interior of each door.

Photo 2

Third photo I assume is for sealing water out around the door frames etc. I have a couple leaky spots so could maybe use this.
    (She said she also has some leaks in the trunk, so one of those could be the trunk rubber seal. Ray)

Photo 3

I am not sure I am going to get these pix in the correct order, but I am getting them in. (Ray)

"This one says driver's seat spacers

Photo 4

Then some random nuts and bolts for who knows what

Photo 5

Photo 6

One of the photos has a key and attached cylinder

Photo 7

Another is what looks like part of the trunk key latch

What I didn't bother photographing is a side view mirror, plus the base for said mirror, plus a rubber bottom piece to go below the mirrors base. I think that's all I need in order to install that mirror on the passenger side.

Also a set of seatbelts for front and rear seats."
    Last edited by simplyconnected; August 1, 2018, 11:35 PM.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Originally posted by YellowRose
    Kirsten sent me pix of what the PO had in the trunk when she got her Tbird. Some of them she knows what they are, others, not so much. Here is what she said and what she sent.

"Here are some parts that came with the car.
    The first thing is a rubber circular thing I'm not sure what it is.
    It looks like the gasket that goes under the power steering reservoir lid. Probably just a spare.

Originally posted by YellowRose
    One of the photos has a key and attached cylinder
    The round black plastic piece is the collar that goes around the dimmer switch. It attaches to the carpet.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

IMG_20180801_163931.jpg looks like an air cleaner gasket that sits on top the carburetor.
      IMG_20180801_163952.jpg is windlace that goes around the inside of your door openings.
      IMG_20180801_164005.jpg is trunk weatherstrip.
      IMG_20180801_164051.jpg The package says they are spacers and something else is in the bag as well. I would like to see these parts out of the bag.
      IMG_20180801_164107.jpg Various trim screws
      IMG_20180801_164145.jpg Again, hex head bolts. The larger one may be for the oil pan.
      IMG_20180801_164220.jpg A gasket for carpetting that surrounds the dimmer switch.
      IMG_20180801_164212.jpg I can't see through the bag. Open it and pull out the parts It could be a glove box latch.
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• ssj335
        Experienced
        • Jul 13 2018

Thanks for the assistance identifying parts. I was just curious.

Comment

• Tbird1044
          Super-Experienced
          • Jul 31 2012

Driver seat spacers go between the top of the seat frame rails and the seat itself. The spacers are supposed to go in the front bolts for the seat to give the seat a little bit of an angle slanting to the back. I left mine out, as I need all the room I can get and it gives you an extra 1/2" of room between the seat bottom and bottom of the steering wheel.
          I guess back in the 50's and 60's people weren't as heavy as we are today.
          Nyles

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎