X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

My Interior Work On Rose Has Started

Yesterday, I went to see how Rose looks without a headliner, and seats. Pretty bare! The work has started. I took a bunch of pictures, and I think I will start a web page so ya'll can follow along with the work as it is being done. I plan on being there often and taking pictures. When I get the web page ready, I will give you the url.

One of the things that has NOT been found, so far, is the ROT/Build Sheet. These seat covers have been changed out before. They are not the original ones, but a cheap set that someone added years ago. We figure that the ROT Sheet was probably found in the past and perhaps discarded because no one knew the historical importance of it. However, there is still a chance that it will show up once the seat covers have been taken off. It could also be under the carpet, but that looks like it was replaced at least once before. It has the sound and heat deadening silver material under it. We will see what we find.

The one thing we DID find was on the inside top left side of the back seat back rest. Attached to a metal support was a black plastic like tag about 3 inches long and about an inch wide. On it was imprinted this. On the top row. 2 59 R8C - CHI On the bottom row. BAP6366700A which I figure to be the part number for the seat. That is the only seat we found a tag on so far. If there were others on the other seats they probably were taken off in a previous seat recovering.

You cannot read the pictures very well, but I was able to put them under a magnifying glass and record all the numbers correctly.
    Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • Anders
    Super-Experienced
    • Jan 19 2008

Originally posted by YellowRose
    Yesterday, I went to see how Rose looks without a headliner, and seats. Pretty bare! The work has started. I took a bunch of pictures, and I think I will start a web page so ya'll can follow along with the work as it is being done. I plan on being there often and taking pictures. When I get the web page ready, I will give you the url.

One of the things that has NOT been found, so far, is the ROT/Build Sheet. These seat covers have been changed out before. They are not the original ones, but a cheap set that someone added years ago. We figure that the ROT Sheet was probably found in the past and perhaps discarded because no one knew the historical importance of it. However, there is still a chance that it will show up once the seat covers have been taken off. It could also be under the carpet, but that looks like it was replaced at least once before. It has the sound and heat deadening silver material under it. We will see what we find.

The one thing we DID find was on the inside top left side of the back seat back rest. Attached to a metal support was a black plastic like tag about 3 inches long and about an inch wide. On it was imprinted this. On the top row. 2 59 R8C - CHI On the bottom row. BAP6366700A which I figure to be the part number for the seat. That is the only seat we found a tag on so far. If there were others on the other seats they probably were taken off in a previous seat recovering.

You cannot read the pictures very well, but I was able to put them under a magnifying glass and record all the numbers correctly.
    Pretty much the same story, and founds, that I did...
    http://www.squarebirds.org/vbulletin...ead.php?t=6747

My main problem now, is that when they changed my interior, one upon a time, they placed it above the old, and worn foam, so when I now was planning to change the foam, it didnīt fit.
    So next up is to save for a new upholstery, so I ca use my new foam.........
    Last edited by Anders; July 18, 2009, 03:51 AM.
    sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• Dan Leavens
      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Ray at least you found something and I checked the " Blue Book " better known as the 1949-1959 Ford parts & accessorie catalogue. I didn't see part# BAP6366700A in it but it is consistent with Ford's " seat assemblies" part #'s in the 50's which start with a 6000 series.Hope this helps as who knows maybe you have a unique part from a Skyliner or a Fairlaine 500
      Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Thunderbird Registry
      58HT #33317
      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

ROT build sheet ...

I pulled the interior out of my 60' last week and am in the process of putting in Dyna Mat sound deadner. I found the the build sheet tucked under a spring in the rear seat back. Felt kind of like Indiana Jones. Mike

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi Mike and Dano. Mike, congratulations on finding yoru Build Sheet! That is great and you are one of the few who have. A lot of us have not been so lucky. I hope it was readable. If you do not mind, could you post a copy of it for us to see, if it is readable? We love to see things like that.

Dano, thanks for checking that number. Just to make sure I have it right, I put it under a magnifying glass again, just a few minutes ago, twice. The first two numbers after BAP are hard to read, but it looks like I have them right... 6366700A. I have looked at it forwards, backwards and upside down that 3 is tough to read, but that sure looks like it is a 3 and not a 9 because there is a definate bottom leg to that 3 unlike that of the 9.

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

I have just created a web page to track the work being done on Rose's interior. I like to document everything that is done to her. I need to find time to catch up all the things that were done mechanically to make her a better running car on my main page. I have been just a tad busy keeping Squarebirds going. Here is the new web page I created, in case you want to follow the work. As I get new pix, I will post them there.

I think I will post "before" pix here now so you can see what it looks like at the present. Or did look like until they took out the seats yesterday! You can see how wrinkled the back seats are in particular. Those were the previous owner's speakers to his Xplod audio system.
            Attached Files

Comment

Build sheet ...

I tried resizing the pic several times and smaller than supposedly required and still no luck. Is there any chance we can change the parameters of the photo uploading mechanism used here? The FE forum has some quirks occasionally, but over all is much easier to use than this one for photo posting. Finally got it, Quality would be much better if it did'nt have to be sized so small. Mike
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Guest; July 19, 2009, 12:48 AM.

Comment

• YellowRose
                Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi Mike,

You might be doing something wrong. I just posted those two pix and had no trouble at all in doing so. BTW, that was an email address you just posted, not a link!

How about calling me on the phone and let me walk you through this. 210-674-5781 or send me an email and shoot me your phone number. I have free long distance anywhere.

Comment

I finally got it Ray(see post below). I'll give you a call tommorrow for some tutoring. Thanks, Mike

Comment

• YellowRose
                    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi Mike, I see ya got it. According to the File Manager on uploading files, a .jpg file can be up to 800x1200 or 146.5kb in size. You should have been able to upload that at 800x1200 as long as the file is under 146.5kb. Try resizing it to 800x1200 and less than 146.5 and see if it will upload. It will be a lot easier to read if you can, and according to the limits, you should be able to. That is nothing that I can change on this system. A 800x1200dpi pix is going to pretty well fill up the page block on the forum... Try and let me know what happens. Or send me a copy of the file in email at 800x1200 or larger..

Comment

Test

I tried resizing it at 800x600 and that put it at 150.5 KB, just over the 146.5 limit. In the past I've posted pics on the FE forum, copied them and pasted them over here without having to resize them. I'am going to change the resolution on my camera and see if that helps without degrading the quality. Mike

Comment

• Anders
                        Super-Experienced
                        • Jan 19 2008

Testing, testing... (to see if it is easier to read)
                        Attached Files

Comment

That is so neat! I guess Christine previous owner threw hers away! RETARD!
                          Richard D. Hord

Comment

• Anders
                            Super-Experienced
                            • Jan 19 2008

Originally posted by Richard D. Hord
                            That is so neat! I guess Christine previous owner threw hers away! RETARD!
                            Richard D. Hord
                            Yeah, would like to have mine as well. Itīs a bit strange though, as I have more or less EVERY reciept of Ruth since she was new, but this one is missing.
                            But to be fair as well, I mean, who could blame a earlier owner when he spended money on a new upholstery in order to have the car in a good shape? Really.
                            So I can live without it. It realy donīt change anything for me anyway.....

Comment

• vernz
                              Experienced
                              • Jul 12 2008

Do you have a flat screen scanner? I threw mine on the scanner and it came out much better than trying to photograph it. See image below.

Vern
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎