X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DKheld
    Super-Experienced
    • Aug 27 2008

Need the dual antenna's for the American flags in parades -

Knockouts are still in place on the firewall where the evap box would be so looks to me like it never had A/C. If it ever did have A/C it should have a "Select Aire" panel for A/C rather than a "Magic Aire" for the non A/C cars. The A/C knobs (wrong kind) on the dash seem to be in the wrong places also - maybe a little too close together? probably something the previous owner added.

Ad says power brakes but wouldn't a non A/C car have the Bendix booster under the hood??? Maybe that was only a '60 thing....

As mentioned though - very nice - would be a fun driver with a power disc brake upgrade (and A/C depending on where you live). Don't think you would find another Squarebird with 9K miles anytime soon so new owner may fix a few details and just keep a show car. Wonder when it sold - hope the new owner joins us.

Probably sold in the $40-50,000 range? Too much - but might bring that for a low mileage nice convertible.

Comment

• jopizz
      Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Originally posted by DKheld
      Ad says power brakes but wouldn't a non A/C car have the Bendix booster under the hood??? Maybe that was only a '60 thing....
      Supposedly late '59 non-A/C cars had the under hood booster but I can't say I've ever seen one. All the ones I've owned had the under dash booster.

John
      John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
      jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• bird 60
        Super-Experienced
        • Mar 18 2009

I agree about the undercarriage. Looks like all the work was done everywhere else except there. Maybe the intention was to do the bottom as well but decided to sell instead, although generally one would start at the bottom & finish at the top! Two aerials in the back at an angle look good. Two in the front

Chris......From OZ.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎