This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:33 AM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

Very cool. She looks clean and straight.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Old 12-15-2014, 03:08 PM
Banned

Yadkin is on a distinguished road

Skirts, scoop and headlight doors. Hood and trunk lid with black "scratch coat" for block sanding. Next step is to wet sand 220 up to 440.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Thunder 1 color 5.jpg (22.6 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg Thunder 1 color 4.jpg (19.9 KB, 159 views)
Old 12-16-2014, 10:24 AM
Moderator / Administrator

Dan Leavens is on a distinguished road
Cool

Starting to come together and soon the reinstall
58HT #33317
60 HT (Sold )
Old 01-10-2015, 09:27 PM
Banned

Final prime coat before wet blocking with 320, 440.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 202.jpeg (27.3 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpeg 208.jpeg (28.9 KB, 180 views)
Old 01-21-2015, 08:32 PM
Banned

Body is now back to its original Wimbeldon white, plus three coats of clear. Hood, trunk, fenders and valence to follow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 245.jpeg (30.0 KB, 173 views)
File Type: jpeg 255.jpeg (29.6 KB, 172 views)
Old 02-24-2015, 07:33 PM
Banned

It's been over a month, weather has been too cold to paint and Mike Boger has been doing some collision work. Snow here is good for his business. We are suppose to have a warm spell tomorrow so I asked Mike if he was going to paint the remaining parts. He said he wasn't sure.

This morning I completed the work on my plate so took a ride over to 190 UPull-it to get some parts. I have a job scheduled to start tomorrow so need to get this done before Mike needs the parts for assembly. They were closed today because of the 1/2" of snow that we had last night.

I haven't been to the shop to pay Mike in a while so I went over there. His business partner gave me a strange look and told me that there was a problem, so I went into the paint room. There was my hood, trunk lid and front fenders, and three guys standing around looking glum, and Mike was one of them. He told me to rub my hand over the hood which I did. It was painted pure white, and rough to the touch. He explained that the sealer he used had done this. He was planning to surprise me and have the stuff completed on Wednesday (tomorrow), but the sealer he used messed up.

The other gentlemen in the room was the manager of the O'Reilly store in Mocksville, and the other was their regional manager. They explained to me that they had mistakenly sold Mike an out-of-date quart of sealer, and that they were going to pay Mike to sand off the junk and then re-do it with fresh sealer. They were going to hold the vendor responsible, because it is up to their rep to remove out-of-date product and keep them stocked with fresh. Both apologized to me several times.

A measure of a man is not just how he does his job but what he does when he inevitably makes a mistake. O'Reilly's has shown me that they are top-notch folks.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:44 AM
Experienced

63Tealbird is on a distinguished road
Smile Steves ride

They sound like stand up guys snow i NC just sounds so wrong but then again went by jobsite had glacier best of luck with rest of project going to beET today on LI NY so heat wave for us. Jeff
Old 02-25-2015, 10:14 AM

Cool

Looks like Orielly's stand behind their products and understand the meaning of customer service. It also bodes well for your local shop who identified the issue and called them in to resolve the problem. Good Stuff!!
58HT #33317
60 HT (Sold )
Old 02-25-2015, 09:17 PM
Banned

I went over to 109UPullit to "my" parts cars and after about three hours managed to retrieve all six inner fender pieces. The weather had warmed up to 45F and I was working up a sweat reaching around the flat tires. I has a sheet of plastic and a tarp to protect me from the soggy ground but still got nice and dirty.

My gal April at the counter was disappointed that her crew was not able to remove the pieces for me. For a piece of seat chrome, the inner fenders and a bumper guard she charged me $20 plus tax. What a sweet heart!
Old 02-26-2015, 09:33 AM

Cool

Sounds like a great deal
58HT #33317
60 HT (Sold )