No announcement yet.

Console???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Console???

Are the 58-60 consoles the same? I looked in a Larry's Parts book and it only listed one part number for the three years.
    Also, what can I expect to pay for a decent one? There are two right now on EBay, one is $75 and the other is $20. Is it just how much someone is willing to pay?
    Thanks.
    Joe

Why do you want to buy one is yours damage or do you want to change color?

Comment

• JohnG
      John
      • Jul 28 2003

I would not guess the console would be worth much money but would assume you then have to buy some reproduction cover material and re-cover it. At that point you oughta look like new.
      1958 Hardtop
      #8452 TBird Registry
      http://tbird.info/registry/DataSheet...r~equals~8452)

photo: http://www.squarebirds.org/users/joh...d_June2009.jpg
      history:
      http://www.squarebirds.org/users/johng/OCC.htm

Comment

• Dan Leavens
        Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Consoles

Joel1946 With respect to what one should pay for a console
        for your squabird that all depends. Typically swap meets and word of mouth in Maine will let you who has what. If you find a real nice one that matches your interior then you would be prepared to pay a little more. The ones on Ebay I would ask the seller to send additional pictures, all angles, to help you decide as that seems to be not a lot of money for a console.
        A couple of years ago, I saw one at a swap meet here in Alberta that went for $150.00 but it was in pristine shape and matched the colour of his squarebird. That does not always happen. Anyway, good luck in the hunt and I will also keep my ears and eyes open.What colur code is your interior??

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
        Thunderbird Registry
        58HT #33317
        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

I would like an extra console to try and mount gauges on and I didn't want to cut mine up. My interior code is 55 so one of the two on EBay looks to be the right color and I wouldn't have to worry about dyeing it.
          I don't need a perfect one because I'm not even sure my idea will work that's why I really wouldn't want to spend a lot of cash on one in case I screwed it up.
          Down East Maine there aren't a lot of squarebirds around. There seem to be more 61's and newer, at least in my area.
          Thanks.
          Joe

Comment

• RustyNCa
            Super-Experienced
            • May 31 2007

That 60 Vert I was talking about the other day, had three center consoles laying by it. A red, black and blue....

I didn't ask him if he was interested in selling any of the extra parts he had, since I didn't see anything I was/am needing...

Comment

• Dan Leavens

• Oct 4 2006

Joel1946 if you are only experimenting with gauges, then it doesn't matter the condition. Go for the the $20.00 one and hope it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg in shipping costs.

Thunderbird Registry
              58HT #33317
              60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Thanks

Dano,
                I forgot to say thanks in my last post. I EMailed the guy with the $20 one and asked for more info and photos. Another $20 in shipping as long as no one else needs it more than me, I'm all set. If not, theres got to be another one out there somewhere. I'm in no rush.
                Thanks to all.
                I'll let you know if I don't get it and maybe someone has one out in the barn they don't need.
                Joe

Comment

• Dan Leavens

• Oct 4 2006

Joel1946 no problem and glad to help out.

Thunderbird Registry
                  58HT #33317
                  60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Tom Schmitt
                    Apprentice
                    • Oct 20 2007

console

Originally posted by joe1946
                    Dano,
                    I forgot to say thanks in my last post. I EMailed the guy with the $20 one and asked for more info and photos. Another $20 in shipping as long as no one else needs it more than me, I'm all set. If not, theres got to be another one out there somewhere. I'm in no rush.
                    Thanks to all.
                    I'll let you know if I don't get it and maybe someone has one out in the barn they don't need.
                    Joe
                    I have a 60 "red" one ,if anyone is interested,$35.00 + shipping

Comment

Tom,
                      Yes I would be interested in it. What kind of shape is it in and what do you think shipping would be?
                      Thanks,
                      Joe

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎