Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daughter
    • Aug 2 2011

1960 T-Bird for sale

My Dad passed away and was in the process of restoring a 1960 T-Bird. I have the T-Bird but I have no clue what to do with it. I'd love to see it go to someone who would enjoy restoring it as much as he did. I know very little about cars but here I somethings I know about it. It dosen't run so it would need to be towed away. He has alreay had the engine and transmission reworked. He was in the process of bolting the engine and transmission back together. The wheels are off because he was also redoing the drum breaks. I have bewen told that I have all of the pieces to reassemble except the carburator. Please contact me and let me know if you have any questions.
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Daughter, I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. I also sense that you are honoring his intentions and wishes by appealing to the members of Squarebirds for help and ultimate placement of your father's car.

We have many members on the West Coast, and I am sure someone could help you. I can help too, but I need pictures of everything. No matter what things look like, we need to see exactly what you have and their condition. A 'work in progress' may be exactly what some of our restorer-members are looking for.

Take at least fifty clear pictures, around the car, under the hood, trunk, underbody, dash, headliner, door jambs, open the doors, lift the trunk mat, and reveal as much as you can. For parts out of the car, take clear pictures of each piece. I know this takes time, but it is the only way folks out East and abroad, can see exactly what you are offering.

Send your pictures to:
    simplyconnected@aol.com
    I will post them for you. I need your contact info as well. Your Dad's Squarebird really is a classic and we would love to see it back on the road. - Dave Dare
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

1960 T-Bird for sale

Deziree, You have my condolences on the passing of your Father. The information that our webmaster, Dave, simplyconnected, is good information. With a lot of pictures, we can get a better idea of the condition the Tbird is in and the work that needs to be completed. If you have a digital camera, take a lot of good pictures, and as Dave said, send them to him to post for you. With those, our members and others will be able to see what the needs of the car are. We will do whatever we can to help.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
      Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎