X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Larry Jones
    Experienced
    • Feb 3 2009

green fluid leaking from somewhere

Own a 62 thunderbird with a fe390. Iam leaking antifreeze but not at the radiator or surge tank. The story with my car is I had a new short block installed several years ago with my orginal manifold an heads also . My wifes cousin did the work and didnt use any rtv around the edges. So I got off my wallet and let a ford garage redo it. Well they missed it to after several months I felt oil around the heads. So still being under the warranty they redid it at no charge. They give you a 12months or 12000 miles quarantee with there work. Unfortunley they dont give you another 12000 miles with it. So be that. My short block was provided to me by John Draxler several years ago I went all the way up to wisc to fetch it. The leak is coming from the passenger side if I put a pan underneath the car measuring appr 31 inches from the passenger side headlight to the pan it would be 31 inches. Now where is exactly the drain plug located on that side and how far in is it. Would I be able to see it if I got under the car. Plus where our the freeze plugs located and would I be able to see all three of them. Because if its not the plugs or drain then where back to the gasket Oh boy. This is a 1962 tbird. Thank you Larry

Sounds like a freeze plug to me. The one under the motor mount is not as bad as it looks to change. Just my guess

Comment

• Larry Jones
      Experienced
      • Feb 3 2009

leakage

I was able to slide my hand down on the first freeze plug on the passenger side and it wasnt damp at all. How close is the engine drain plug to this first freeze plug on the passenger side. Is it accessable also.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎