No announcement yet.

2 Quirky sightings

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Quirky sightings

Im always looking at ebay.........and recently I have seen 2 strange but innovative bird "doings".

1. There was a 59 whose trunk weatherstripping was glued around ridge of the trunk opening........and not the trunk lid itself. I checked my repo stripping and it has a slit just for the purpose..........and would fit perfectly.

2. There was a 60 that showed a shot of the hood open........and right underneath it is an attached "bar" the same color as the car. This bar swings over (with a small rubber cap) and will hold the hood fully open without the wind blowing it back down. I personally have used a piece of wood at times so I would not be "beheaded". It was so well attatched that it looked stock.

Im wondering if Ford dealers intalled such items.
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: 2 Quirky sightings

The trunk weatherstriping is always on the lid. It is shown as such on the assembly manuals that they used in the factory. Possibly the person who put the weatherstripping on the truk opening did not remember where the original went after painting the car.

No extra hood prop was ever sold by Ford as far as I am aware. The springs on any car wear out with time, but not while the car is relatively new, which is when an auto maker would address the problem.

I have seen a lot of odd modifications and paint schemes on Squarebirds over the years.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

RE: 2 Quirky sightings

>I have seen a lot of odd modifications and paint schemes on
      >Squarebirds over the years.
      >
      As the old saying goes ... Necessity is the mother of invention!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎