X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Randy
    Experienced
    • Dec 21 2015

Hi Squares
    He's some update. I'm working on cleaning in the wheel well area splash gauard, I had ball joints for some time invoice date march 25 MAC's
    part #66-33477-1 they don't fit so good, not a biggie easy fix, make hole
    bigger. I all ready cut tabs off because they hit the Aarm first, and i thought would fix it, it help but then the ball hit, I'll show you with my flicker album 7 pic. when you run your mouse over each pic. it tell you .
    ............................................................ ...................
    ...................upper ball joint.......................................
    1 housing just a bit bigger. 2 old-new tabs
    3 groves for tabs 4 cut off tabs
    5 old one fits down 6 new ball hit prevents being flush
    even with tabs,
    7 showing old & new, it flairs out,
    ............................................................ ................
    I don't think its a big deal. its just I have little time to do things
    and i'm slow enough with out any help in that Department .

"You're never too old to become younger".! (M. West)
    Randy's Save the Bird Foundation in Beautiful Fallbrook, California

!.This is the Greatest Square on Earth.!

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

This is totally unacceptable in my book. Over the counter parts should fit without modification.

I knew this would happen eventually, all our parts are coming from Communist China or India, Pakistan, Taiwan, etc. Our choices are gone and so is competition but most important is 'QUALITY'. If you don't like what they sell, too bad. Go over there and sue them. See how far you get.

Randy must file his upper 'A' arm for these new ball joints to fit flush OR stack washers between the joint and arm. Terrible!
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Randy
        Experienced
        • Dec 21 2015

Me and Hazard doing little more cleaning
        Trying to clean up with out making a mess! Hazard is good helper!and when I get water in there it might not make Mud June 4 16

Comment

• OX1
          Super-Experienced
          • Feb 10 2016

Originally posted by simplyconnected
          This is totally unacceptable in my book. Over the counter parts should fit without modification.

I knew this would happen eventually, all our parts are coming from Communist China or India, Pakistan, Taiwan, etc. Our choices are gone and so is competition but most important is 'QUALITY'. If you don't like what they sell, too bad. Go over there and sue them. See how far you get.

Randy must file his upper 'A' arm for these new ball joints to fit flush OR stack washers between the joint and arm. Terrible!
          Any reason he could not jsut go with these or equiv.?

Free Shipping - Moog Ball Joints with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Ball Joints at Summit Racing.
          59-430-HT

Comment

• Randy
            Experienced
            • Dec 21 2015

Hi OX1
            the ball joint I got said it was equiv. And I'll order the one's you put up thanks, I just had a lot of parts on my list, MAC said they are the one so they say, I was just giving the Squares a heads up that these are not your best, to find something different, if there is such , I will try the one you point out and hope its not the same as I got from mac. I will know not to screw it up and send it back, and make do with what I got, I think Dave was saying WE should not have to Make it work, if they advertise it would work then it should work. I have nothing by me to compared to I mostly rely on reading the squares, and to all squares here thank you, and if you were going to replace your upper ball joints I would not buy the ones that Mac has!

Comment

• OX1
              Super-Experienced
              • Feb 10 2016

What I meant by equiv was that rock auto has 3 or 4 more different ball joints for squares (mostly close to same PN) and they look better than the one's you posted.

I agree that most parts today are horrible. Even some of the ford lisc'd stuff is poor quality. I try to get the most expensive choice from rock auto, as you still do get what you pay for, even if it is the best of the evils.

Originally posted by Randy
              Hi OX1
              the ball joint I got said it was equiv. And I'll order the one's you put up thanks, I just had a lot of parts on my list, MAC said they are the one so they say, I was just giving the Squares a heads up that these are not your best, to find something different, if there is such , I will try the one you point out and hope its not the same as I got from mac. I will know not to screw it up and send it back, and make do with what I got, I think Dave was saying WE should not have to Make it work, if they advertise it would work then it should work. I have nothing by me to compared to I mostly rely on reading the squares, and to all squares here thank you, and if you were going to replace your upper ball joints I would not buy the ones that Mac has!
              59-430-HT

Comment

• Randy
                Experienced
                • Dec 21 2015

OK, OX1, MOOG K8212
                that was fun to say! and check this out, its at the end of a not so traveled, last address on road, I was turning around after picking up my peep(costumer) next door to it. and there just looking at me, I know what happen to the last Bird that looked at me like that. note to self don't even think about it.

..............................................https://flic.kr/p/Hi91fY

Comment

• Randy
                  Experienced
                  • Dec 21 2015

I did it Dave finally(pic.size)
                  .Had to build a new paint booth, the old one was a little weathered
                  I was told that John Deere tractor paint is very good outdoors paint, color is Blitz Black. and if its good Cailf. will outlaw it. Yep only rattle can, no quart-gallon here, banned in my state. go figure.

Comment

• Randy
                    Experienced
                    • Dec 21 2015

I have a new tool

Its 1-1/4 pvc adapter and fits nice and sung on the bushings works good, too!

You know what I did, look at the next pic. See that mallet, O yes i did, I cleaned out all the paint with emery cloth and put a little wd40.
                    I had it setting just so in one of my infamous vices, whack and WHACK. ...Nothing didn't even start. Went to get #3lb. I got both sides in a bit, finished up with #10-pounder.

Last edited by simplyconnected; July 6, 2016, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Randy
                      Experienced
                      • Dec 21 2015

new rubber

splash guard form parts car ready for some new rubber

paint with truck bed liner so i guss its good my ball joint didn't fit. it shure looks good, needs a bit more.

and I took the cherry picker over to parts car.

Last edited by simplyconnected; July 6, 2016, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• Randy
                        Experienced
                        • Dec 21 2015

Geoff

I went to square Geoff to pick up tool
                        miss him buy that much, did get tool and took a picture.

........................... old thunderbird --newer Lincoln

Last edited by simplyconnected; July 6, 2016, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• Randy
                          Experienced
                          • Dec 21 2015

I got MooG, they fit, and on the box it says: THE PROBLEM SOLVER.
                          K8212 ball joint (made in USA).

fixing a nice place for the Aarm, Wimbledon White

new rubber, tide on with aviation wire, twisted in the back. I'm
                          still working behind the splash guard and under where it attaches. this one came off parts car, it's in way better condition. well i got something done to day 6/7/16.

I'm going to lie down get ice on the back, rest up for tomorrow
                          Last edited by Randy; July 6, 2016, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• Randy
                            Experienced
                            • Dec 21 2015

got me some new safety glasses,

lookie what came today, its for passer side, now that's thinking ahead.(it was cheep)

I raised the bird up in the front 5-6in., so i can get under there,
                            i'm cleaning and looking at the brake lines, its a mess under there,
                            I'm thinking, get that eng. out of the parts car,

Last edited by Randy; July 8, 2016, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Tbird1044
                              Super-Experienced
                              • Jul 31 2012

Now you got a dealer installed option on the 60 Bird, and another project to clean up. I took all my motors and gear boxes apart to clean and lubricate them. Got both sides working, but still haven't got them installed. Been using the drivers side, throughout the restoration.
                              Nyles
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Randy
                                Experienced
                                • Dec 21 2015

Hey there Nyles
                                .O boy that look's nice, "Another project" you say, I am loaded with them, I did put a couple of parts back on this week. that's different. but I also took part off to clean and paint, front sway bar plus the plate thing, the nuts were not nice, back to your seat motor, the schematic drawing shows a fuse on the yellow wire, but other than that i can hook up batt. to test yes?
                                Last edited by Randy; July 8, 2016, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎