X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Yellowbird's Father Was Called Home

Yesterday, I was sent a PM by Tom ~ scumdog, a good friend of our Forum, of myself, Dave Dare, and especially Leonard Wheeler, that he had received a notice that Leonard's Dad had passed away. He asked me if I could check on this and find out if this email was correct.

I emailed Leonard to check this and he did confirm that this had happened as Tom reported. He said that his Dad had lived to be 87 years of age. Leonard has given me permission to post this information on the Forum.

Leonard, our thoughts and prayers are with you and Debbie during this sorrowful time. May HE give you and your family the strength to bear this. Your Dad will always be a part of you, and you will have the fond memories of him to carry with you always. It has been some 15 years since I lost my Faye and she is always with me in spirit. I am sure it will be so with you regarding your Dad.

I do not have the information regarding services yet. If you would like to send your condolences to Leonard & Debbie, you can do so by going to the Members List in the black border on the Forum, then to the Y listings. Find Yellowbird and click on his user name to email or send them a Private Message.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Robin and I send our condolences as well, Leonard. Know that Dad had a good long run. He gave a lot of years of hard work raising his family and left joyful memories for you. Right now, your Dad simply changed his address to Our Father's mansion with many rooms. May God's mercy see you through this time of family loss but do not despair because your Dad is in the loving arms of Our Lord. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• scumdog
      Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Sad times for Leonard, he knew his father was declining but it's still a blow.

And I met the old gentleman in 2010 and he seemed so full of life - it just shows that each day is not a given so, enjoy them while you have them - parents AND dads.

RIP
      Last edited by YellowRose; October 30, 2013, 12:41 AM.
      A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• bird 60
        Super-Experienced
        • Mar 18 2009

To Leonard & Family, my deepest condolences to you all.

Chris.....From OZ.

Comment

• tbird430
          Super-Experienced
          • Jun 18 2007

Sorry, Leonard. My prayers go out to you and your family. I lost my father in early Feb. this year- I know where you are man.

Take care...
          -Jon
          sigpic
          The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Yellowbird's Father Was Called Home

This morning, Leonard provided me with information on the services to be held for his Dad, Ray Wheeler. Here is the information.

Information for my Dad's service:
            Visitation: October 31 from 5-7 pm
            Greenwood Funeral Home
            3100 White Settlement Rd
            Ft. Worth 76107
            817-336-0584

Services:November 1 10:00 am
            John Knox Presbyterian Church
            4350 River Oaks Blvd
            Ft Worth TX 76114
            817-624-9265

Jon, you have our condolences also on the loss of your Father earlier this year. Having lost both of my parents years ago, I know the pain one goes through....
            Last edited by YellowRose; October 30, 2013, 10:37 AM. Reason: Additional Comments

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
            The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
            Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
            Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
            https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎