• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whpaul
    Experienced
    • Oct 17 2009

Carburetor leakage

Hallo to the community,

In my 61 T-Bird is an autolite carburetor mounted. I found a slightly leakage in the area of the accelerator pump. The membrane was broken, I changed it but the leakage is still there.
    Because the carburetor is old I think about to let it rebuild for example at pony carburetors, or buy a new one, or buy a different Type as Edelbrock, or what ever is the better choice.

What do You think about, how would You decide?

Thanks for input
    and greetings from Germany

whpaul
    W.H.Paul
    with a friendly hello from good old Europe.
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Carburetor leakage

Hi There! You might be able to save yourself some money by having the carb rebuilt. I dont know what Pony would charge to rebuild it, but I hear they do very good work. It would be like having a brand new carb on the car. I, along with a lot of other Tbird owners here, use Edlebrock carbs. I have a 1406 600CFM carb and it is very good. I am pleased with it. Many people are pleased with Edlebrock carbs.

Maybe someone here has a good working spare carb that they would be agreeable to parting with. If so, hopefully, one of them will send you a Private Message.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

Originally posted by whpaul
      ...What do You think about, how would You decide?...
      Rebuild kits include a new accelerator pump. You can rebuild your carburetor in just two hours or so. If you aren't mechanically inclined, buy a new carburetor.

I rebuild my own because after it is done, everything fits with no alterations. - Dave
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎