Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jim wheeler
    • Apr 22 2010

Advice Please - Power Brake Booster

I am beginning to restore a 1963 TBird. The vacuum brake booster does not work. Can it be rebuilt? If so, recommendations. Where to go for new? Thanks.
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Advice Please - Power Brake Booster

Hi Jim!

I just talked with Don at Bird Nest regarding the vacuum power brake booster for the '63 Bulletbird. He said there is no repair kit for it that he knows of. They do, however, have rebuilt units available for $185, plus a $100 core charge. The core charge will be taken off your account once you ship them your old unit. Or you can take off your old unit and ship it to them and they will rebuild yours for $185 and no core charge. If this interests you, call Bird Nest at 800-232-6378 and speak with Don.

Now, other Tbird parts vendors probably also have this unit, though I did not take time to look them up. Bob's Bird House also has a lot of parts, as do many others listed on the Vendors listing down below in the Advertisements Forum. All their names and contact information is there for you. You might want to shop around to see who has the best buy. While you are contacting them, ask them for a copy of their usually free catalogs. They will come in handy for parts shopping and pricing comparisons, if you do not have them already.

If you do not own a 1963 shop manual, you might want to pick one up through one of the Tbird parts vendors.
    Last edited by YellowRose; April 22, 2010, 03:01 PM.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• ncbird
      Experienced
      • Jan 5 2008

rebuild service

get a hold of booster dewey
      Power Brake Booster Exchange rebuilds vacuum brake boosters and supplies hard-to-find booster parts. Find out more about our services online today.

he rebuilt mine and is well know for his knowledge

he charges 130 bucks if I remember and can help with tough to get boots etc.
      Last edited by ncbird; April 22, 2010, 03:56 PM.
      Grant
      NCbird on the Coast of NC
      "Dads Bird" for my father

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎