X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sidewalkman
    Super-Experienced
    • Sep 14 2015

sequential signal

Hi All, I just got all the parts I'll need for this project. Digital sequencer, 2 new lenses, 2 2 pole sockets. I'm wondering if anyone has done this.
    According to the schematic there are signal brake light combination wires and a solid green brake light wire. Currently only the outside lights act as signals, while 2 of the 3 act as brake and tail lights. My plan is to ditch the reverse lights, move them to a small LED on the top of the license plate (change the wiring to have them come on without having to have the headlights on), and have all 3 lights on each side do the same, add the sequencer to get the blink blink blink effect.
    My question is, if I hook up the combo wire to the sequencer will the thing do some weird strobe effect or only when I use the flasher. There are 2 poles and 3 functions. I'm trying to avoid having to add an LED strip into the mix and get tails and brake lights that will switch to signal when I put on the flasher.

I'll post pics (if I can remember how) to show the results but if someone can enlighten me about the wiring prior I'd appreciate it.
    Scott
    South Delta, BC, Canada
    1960 White T-Bird, PS, PB that's it
    Red Leather Interior!
    www.squarebirds.org/users/sidewalkman
    Thunderbird Registry #61266
    http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_g...ibrary/trl.htm
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎