X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Larry Jones
    Experienced
    • Feb 3 2009

intake leaking where

Ive been gone for about a weak now. The leak is maybe coming from under the eighth chamber of the intake . The back of the intake is completey dry. When I put my one finger under the head in about 2and a half inches I feel fresh oil. Do these 62 thunderbirds normally leak at that position. I dont no if My wifes relative used a gasket or silicone and I cant call him because he wont stand behind his work. I purchased a short block from the thunderbird ranch with the same casting number as my old block. The mechanic used the same heads off the old engine whivh only had 52000 miles on it. The old heads were milled correctly. Then they were attached to the new short block. Would decking come into play with where the oil leak is coming from. Larry
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Larry, is this the same leak you have started SIX threads about since June? I thought you were bringing this newly built 390 to a certified mechanic... what happened? Ohio is FULL of very talented Ford mechanics with state certifications. I am sure one of them can help, but you get what you pay for.

Hire a good one. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎