• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RustyNCa
    Super-Experienced
    • May 31 2007

Looked at this 60 TBird over the weekend

And here are the details:

It was a 430 vert, the block is laying out side cracked. He says all the parts are there, included, an extra 59 front bumper, and extra top setup.

Strange that the title says it is a 59.

The inter. is red with a red plaid like insert?

Data plate makes it be be a Maroon Metalic with Red Inter.

So how much would you be willing to pay for this project car. Guesses on cost to finish if you are able to do all but body work at this point, and possible value at the end?

I imagine to keep it's value I would need to find a 430 and I have no idea how hard that is.

Does not appear to be any bad rust. Bondo in at least three of the panels.

I mean I have my 58 I need to finish, my 59 that is about the same condition as this one, and my olds that just needs a new job, and a repaint...

Don't know if this will help or not but I paid $2000 for my 60HT with a running motor and trans.All I did to the engine was an oil change and tune up and a new carb.I had to put new brakes and gas tank and lines.With new carpet,trunk mats,paint and body and tires I think I have about $10,000 into it and am looking to sell it now for $15,000.
    Here are some before and after pics

Comment

Also I hate to be a nattering nabob of negativeity,and I may be way off base.But I don't see you making money on that project,especially having to buy a block.I will feel fortunate to get back what I have in mine.But Good Luck and hope you don't have probs with the title out there in sunny California

Comment

• RustyNCa
        Super-Experienced
        • May 31 2007

Originally posted by TChicken
        Also I hate to be a nattering nabob of negativeity,and I may be way off base.But I don't see you making money on that project,especially having to buy a block.I will feel fortunate to get back what I have in mine.But Good Luck and hope you don't have probs with the title out there in sunny California
        Yeah, that was my thoughts also. The gent is asking over 4k for it 4.5k with a block. Ah, well, I will wait and see if he gets more interested in moving it.

He also has the 356 in the background, a 55 Caddy 4 door, four early 60 4 door impallas, one 59 2 door impalla(well shell, no front clip or interior) and a 60 2 door impalla in decent shape. Other stuff also, but junk.

He had a stroked FE that he said he had 6k in on the floor just past the car also.

Comment

• Husky35
          Apprentice
          • Jun 29 2006

Before you do anything, you gotta figure out why a 60 is titled as a 59. Something fishy about that. Otherwise, here are my 2 cents..I have a 59 convertible that has a 430 (albeit not original to the car) and 430 cars a worth 25% more than 352's. Convertibles are worth much more , obviously, than HT. However, it cost about the same to restore either one. The 430 is going to be much more expensive to rebuild (sounds like you need to find one) as parts are hard to find and expensive. I just dropped $3k on mine and it was supposedly rebuilt when I bought the car. And the top is going to cost more, but all in all, if its a choice etween the two, go convert w/430. I paid $7k for mine in pieces, however, it came with all new chrome and the motor was supposedly redone. Its going to cost me probably $40k to build my street rod when its all said and done. But I have to farm the paint and body, the motor, upholstery, etc. I am good a grunt stuff. So, $4k doesn't seem unreasonable for a 59 with a clear title and a motor, but that is not what you have.

Comment

• byersmtrco
            Super-Experienced
            • Sep 28 2004

Eeeeh, looks like a good donor for that front cross member someone else needs.

Naaa really, if you really wanted a project, a J code convertible would be sweet. That one would be allot of work.
            $500 bucks is about all I'd pay.
            Finding a complete 430 $$$$$$$$$$$$$ Ch'ching!!!!!

Comment

Does the VIN# match the title sounds strange to me that it shows a 59. I would guess it would cost 30to 35K to restore and at least 2 years. Good Luck Bob M

Comment

I recently did a similar project on a 1960 ragtop. Realistically, doing the work yourself, (not including the engine machine work) but the paint, body, suspension and sweat, you're looking at $10-$15K including a modest amount of chrome work and parts. The interior looks like about $1500 alone- LEON

Comment

• FeFranco
                  Experienced
                  • Jan 13 2007

Would you be interested in a '60 HT all done? New 390, rebuilt trans, new paint, int., front disc brakes, American mags, custom headers/exhaust, interior, detent plate and more!!!!

Comment

• RustyNCa
                    Super-Experienced
                    • May 31 2007

Originally posted by FeFranco
                    Would you be interested in a '60 HT all done? New 390, rebuilt trans, new paint, int., front disc brakes, American mags, custom headers/exhaust, interior, detent plate and more!!!!
                    You're wanting to sell yours?

Comment

• RustyNCa
                      Super-Experienced
                      • May 31 2007

Originally posted by greasywrench
                      I recently did a similar project on a 1960 ragtop. Realistically, doing the work yourself, (not including the engine machine work) but the paint, body, suspension and sweat, you're looking at $10-$15K including a modest amount of chrome work and parts. The interior looks like about $1500 alone- LEON
                      Well, I am looking at being able to do all but the paint also. Motor I can do some of the work, but not the machining etc. I was guessing it would run 15~20K plus the 4 to buy it.

Did anyone notice this motor on ebay?

Comment

• FeFranco
                        Experienced
                        • Jan 13 2007

Originally posted by RustyNCa
                        You're wanting to sell yours?
                        My son and I may be starting a new project so we will have to sell the '60. It runs STRONG!

Comment

• byersmtrco
                          Super-Experienced
                          • Sep 28 2004

What's your (new) project?
                          How much for your 60? I know you & I chatted once about headers. How close does that one on the left get to the strg/gear?
                          I might put headers on mine at some point (next year) Maybe an Edelbrock intake.

I'm leaning more & more towards mild street rode theme here.
                          Nothing too wild. Just a few more ponies and different wheels. A couple of minor touches.

On the other note, these guys are on the money (literally). Get that J-Code Conv. Just plan on spend ing some $$$$$$
                          I'd LOVE to have a 430 car!!!! HT . . . SR . . . Conv . . . Whatever. Those motors were bada__ !!!!

Comment

• byersmtrco
                            Super-Experienced
                            • Sep 28 2004

Street ROD not rode (Fat fingered that one . . . D'oooh !!!!!)

Comment

• FeFranco
                              Experienced
                              • Jan 13 2007

[QUOTE=byersmtrco;17965]What's your (new) project?......... We might do a Mustang, Cougar or Torino...
                              How much for your 60?....... I would like to get $15K, I have a neighbor that has been kicking it around, We'll see... I know you & I chatted once about headers. How close does that one on the left get to the strg/gear?....... I know that the picture made it look real close, but it has not been any problem...
                              I might put headers on mine at some point (next year)....... The headers give the finishing touch for the shock appeal. I had the muffler shop install them when they put in the new exhaust system. I was glad I did... Maybe an Edelbrock intake.......I have an Edelbrock Performer with the Holley Avenger 670 CFM. It is a pretty nice combo and really emphisises the enhanced torque power band...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎