trunk racks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

trunk racks

hi
    I am a drummer in a local rock n roll band and manage to get 10 drums and all the hardware in the car both with the top up or down on my 1960 bird. i would like to push the limit a bit more and load 2 18" PA speaker cabinets on the trunk at about 75 lb. a peice. i am assuming that i would not be able to find a roof rack for the conv. top and would be a little nervus about the weight on the frame. Anyone know of a trunk rack, possible unversal style that might fit without drilling holes and messing up the paint?
    thanks

RE: trunk racks

1. Can't say I have ever seen a roof rack on a convertible outside of one for skies even most of them seems to be attached to the trunk over the convertible top. And I am 47 and have been around the World.
    2. I would not put that kind of weight on the top frames, it wasn't built for that like a hard top is.
    3. Recommend a trunk rack or sporty little trailer you can leave them in so you can wheel around the scene with the girls.
    Monty

Comment

• tarps3
      Super-Experienced
      • Jul 21 2003

clean up that CLASSIC TBird and drive a mini-van to haul all that stuff.

Then, after your gig, go get the Bird and cruise around in it - leave the mini-van somewhere dark so nobody will see it.

I'm all for driving these awesome autos, but jeez!

Casey
      '60 Tbird hardtop

(just messin with ya - sorta)
      Casey

Comment

• Alexander
        Webmaster
        • Oct 30 2002

Thule http://www.thuleracks.com makes some trunk racks. I am not sure if they could be adapted for a Squarebird.

The trailer hitch option is possible. Many Squarebirders have done it. You will have to build your own.Eric in Sweden may help you locate someone who would build one for you.

Alexander
        1959 Hardtop
        1960 Golde Top
        Alexander
        1959 Hard Top
        1960 Golde Top
        sigpic

Comment

• Rockin Kev
          Experienced
          • Oct 31 2002

Hi There
          Hey iam all for the image thing like going to a good Rockin gig in the correct gear and wheels but a nice Crome Teardrop Caravan be good.
          Plenty of storage room and a sleep over after the gig so you can enjoy a drink and have somewhere cheap to stay.
          Iam looking at a small crome Portafold caravan to go with my Bird for next year show season to save on Hotel costs so i have more gas money to get around.
          If the trailer is not a option leave the Bird at home and get yourself a nice 50s Ford Station wagon, ive had one in the past and they hold everything, also will look good sign written in band logo for more advertisement.
          Kevin 60 Golde Top.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎