X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Welcome, square2100 !!

Welcome to Squarebirds, square2100! Adam hales from Ohio and owns a 1960 Convertible Tbird! We always enjoy seeing pictures of our new users Tbird. As a Paid Member if you have anything you want to share with us you can post attachments directly on our server. To become one, have a PayPal account and click on the Donate to Site button at the top right of this Forum. To post attachments as an unpaid user you can create an account on one of the free picture hosting websites, upload your pictures of your Tbird there and post the link to them in Our Rides Forum. Or you can send them to me, Ray Clark ~ YellowRose, John Pizzi ~ jopizz, or Dave Dare, our webmaster ~ simplyconnected and we will post them for you. When you post pictures please set them for 800x600 size for better viewing on the Forum. We have the greatest Tbird Techies from around the world on here. So if you need any help with your Tbird just post away in the Squarebirds Forum. They will be glad to help. I would recommend that you save my phone number should you ever need to contact me. Should you have any problems navigating our Forum, please contact me, John or Dave. His phone number is 248-544-8834. Enjoy The Journey!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • Dan Leavens
    Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Adam also welcome to our truly international site where you will find some of the most knowledgeable birders around. Ask any questions answer where you can and participate often
    Great to see another 60 survivor and is she registered in the TBird registry on our site?
    Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
    Thunderbird Registry
    58HT #33317
    60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• square2100
      Apprentice
      • May 29 2018

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I ended up picking up my 60 tbird this morning from a very nice gentleman who owned the car for several years and who's father owned it prior to him.

The car seems to be in excellent shape, but it does seem to have a leak with the exhaust manifold I believe. Will try to do some research on here for that issue.

Anyway, I went ahead and submitted a payment to become a contributing member, so hope to see the other areas of the forum soon and at that point I'll post some pictures of the car as well.

Thanks!

Comment

• square2100
        Apprentice
        • May 29 2018

Here's some pictures of the tbird I just picked up. If the previous owner is viewing this, thanks again for a great car and we will take very good care of it.
        Attached Files

Comment

• simplyconnected
          Administrator
          • May 26 2009

It's always good to welcome another Ohioan, Adam. Your '60 is stunningly gorgeous. I hope you have loads of fun driving it around this cruisin' season.

Ray tells me that you will be adding power disc brakes. That's a great move that you will never regret. The OEM brakes are inadequate at best.

Many of our members have retrofit power disc brakes including myself. If you need any help, by all means, ask. We all started out the same with sp**** help from the vendors. It seems, all the other classic cars have kits but the Squarebird numbers are too low for vendors to invest in tooling. We got around all that, using over-the-counter parts that are inexpensive and available across the country. Now, a lot of our members have gone through the process. The end result is, braking as good as a modern car. So after the retrofit, don't be afraid to compete in traffic with modern cars.

I'd love to see more pictures under the hood. Again, welcome. - Dave
          Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
          --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎