X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dutchbird
    Experienced

• Dec 20 2005

Sorry for the silence...

...but the last years were not the best.

After a lot of experiences in the past few years I hope to go in the right direction again.
    Loss of employment for economic reasons, started again, layoffs due to recession , bankruptcy new employer etc. This combined with some personal circumstances and personal inconveniences weren't ideal.

I'm very glad not having to sell the Bird and could keep her!
    But the energy wasn't there to give her the TLC she needs..
    (Sorry Dave, Jed & Ronald for your previous efforts for my benefit and that it still rests now for such a long long time)

Last weekend our daughter took leave of the elementary school with a Gala-evening, so...............you guess.
    Two weeks ago she suddenly asked me if I would drive her to the party, so after several years I was 'forced' to work on the T-bird to get her cranking again.

With a lot of luck (and some parts) she ran last Saturday afternoon again, just about a few hours before departure time that evening to the Gala.
    My girl and me washed - baptized - the Bird together before our "once in a lifetime" experience.
    Attached Files
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Sorry for the silence...

Hi Marco, I am sorry to hear about the problems that you have been going through. But very glad you have been able to keep your Tbird and put her to good use for your daughter. I was happy to hear that you were able to use her in support of your daughter's school gala event! That should be something that she remembers for a long time!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• bird 60
      Super-Experienced
      • Mar 18 2009

Hi Marco, good to hear from you again mate.

Chris.....From OZ.

Comment

• tbird430
        Super-Experienced
        • Jun 18 2007

Hang in there fellow Birder!!

Keep your head held high. Your daughter will never forget these memories your making...

Jon in TX.
        sigpic
        The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• Dutchbird
          Experienced

• Dec 20 2005

Originally posted by YellowRose
          Hi Marco, I am sorry to hear about the problems that you have been going through. But very glad you have been able to keep your Tbird and put her to good use for your daughter. I was happy to hear that you were able to use her in support of your daughter's school gala event! That should be something that she remembers for a long time!
          It's OK Ray, things happen in life...
          I'm still very happy now that I didn't made the required cash from her in the last past years!

The Gala in this way was a great experience (for both of us)

Originally posted by bird 60
          Hi Marco, good to hear from you again mate.

Chris.....From OZ.
          Thanks Chris, much appreciated!

How's your Bird doing?
          (with or without portholes right now?)

Originally posted by tbird430
          Hang in there fellow Birder!!

Keep your head held high. Your daughter will never forget these memories your making...

Jon in TX.
          Thank you Jon, I'm still standing...
          (still three months with my current employment, after that we'll see again)

You'e right, the memory for her was priceless I believe...

Here's an impression of the arrival:
          Merel neemt afscheid van de lagere school,op weg naar de rode loper....(Our 'little bird' in the Squarebird)Merel (Blackbird) takes leave of the elementary s...

The only flaw in my opinion is that headlights actually must be on!
          (but I didn't dare because of some electrical problems she had when parked and still has I presume..)

But better no lights than no arrival!
          (the guy behind us in the Maserati was our "back-up", he picked us up at our house with his daughter
          - a girlfriend and classmate of Merel - and followed us all the way.
          They where both invited at the Party so they could transfer in case the Bird should stall)

I was happy enough our T-bird withstand that long parade before we even arrived at that red carpet...

Comment

• simplyconnected
            Administrator
            • May 26 2009

Merel looked beautiful in her little blue and white dress. Some of her beauty rubbed off on your Squarebird because it looked good and sounded good, too!

Marco, if you have electrical issues, let's go through them without spending any money. (You can do this.) - Dave
            Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
            --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• YellowRose
              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Sorry for the silence...

I echo Dave's comments regarding Merel! Thanks for posting the YouTube video! That is priceless! Good luck with getting the electrical problems sorted out. Take Dave up on his offer. It might just be something simple!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
              The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
              Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
              Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
              https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎