X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RustyNCa
    Super-Experienced
    • May 31 2007

Originally posted by lake bird
    Just got everything for the elect fan install...I have the original 3 pulley on the water pump . looks like not enough clearnce for the electric fan unit .. did you ust the orginal water pump or an after market pulley set up....did you have to remove the hood?

Lakebird/Rockwall
    Opps, forgot to mention, I am running an aftermarket alum water pump, no surge tank and yes, I had the hood off while I was replacing it all. Never thought about the hood being an issue, sorry.

And I'm running a two groove pulley.

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

I love this setup:

After taking the old fan and spacer off there is plenty of room for a fan. Notice the foam between radiator and fan shroud. I also love that the fan controller is mounted in the lower corner of the radiator. It's a mistake to put it high, in case the water level in your radiator drops.

The fan cools the radiator. Engine temp has nothing to do with the fan. In Michigan winters, my cooling fan goes months without turning on. - Dave
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• lake bird
        • Jan 8 2013

Do you have the aftermarket water pump model and pulley set

Originally posted by RustyNCa
        Opps, forgot to mention, I am running an aftermarket alum water pump, no surge tank and yes, I had the hood off while I was replacing it all. Never thought about the hood being an issue, sorry.

And I'm running a two groove pulley.
        Do you have the water pump and pulley set model numbers and source of purchase ?

Comment

• lake bird
          • Jan 8 2013

Hayden controller hookup ?

Originally posted by RustyNCa
          I used the Hayden one for dual fans, #3654. I think I paid just under $50 for it on Amazon.

Here's a link to my photos of ole "BigBird" as my kids call her...

For the fan mounts I used flat stock with a bolt welded to it through a hole I drilled. Smoothed the backside so it wouldn't damage the vanes.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9OS7KNQ0OvZJsDDp1
          For the Hayden controller...has 2 hi (BLUE) & 2 low (ORANGE)
          wires do 1 of each go to the positive for each fan ?

Comment

• lake bird
            • Jan 8 2013

Originally posted by simplyconnected
            I love this setup:

After taking the old fan and spacer off there is plenty of room for a fan. Notice the foam between radiator and fan shroud. I also love that the fan controller is mounted in the lower corner of the radiator. It's a mistake to put it high, in case the water level in your radiator drops.

The fan cools the radiator. Engine temp has nothing to do with the fan. In Michigan winters, my cooling fan goes months without turning on. - Dave
            What distributor and coil setup are you using ?

Comment

• Dakota Boy
              Super-Experienced
              • Jun 30 2009

That was an Accel distributor and coil in the photo. Engine is a 460. Since this photo was taken, I have changed to an MSD distributor and MSD coil.
              http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• RustyNCa
                Super-Experienced
                • May 31 2007

Originally posted by lake bird
                Do you have the water pump and pulley set model numbers and source of purchase ?
                My Summit Racing list shows it was a Tuff Stuff Pump TFF-1421. The pulley I got from a local FE guy that seemed to know what I needed to line everything up correctly. I also got a three groove crank pulley from him at the same time, don't remember what it was from.

Summit also showed a March 2 groove pulley, but I only kept it in my wish list since I found one locally that did the trick.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎