Carpet. Done.
      Attached Files

Comment

• jopizz
        Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Originally posted by Yadkin
        Cat's been a big help.
        I've tried to get mine to help but she just wants to eat and sleep. She does keep the mice away though.

John
        John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
        jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• Yadkin
          Banned
          • Aug 11 2012

Originally posted by jopizz
          I've tried to get mine to help but she just wants to eat and sleep. She does keep the mice away though.

John
          Mine's reached the ripe old age of 15. Just beginning to like me.

Comment

• jopizz
            Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Originally posted by Yadkin
            Mine's reached the ripe old age of 15. Just beginning to like me.
            Yeah, I've had cats like that. They ignore you for 10 years and then all of a sudden they act like your best friend.

John

Comment

• Yadkin
              Banned
              • Aug 11 2012

Originally posted by jopizz
              Yeah, I've had cats like that. They ignore you for 10 years and then all of a sudden they act like your best friend.

John
              It might have had something to do with my dog, who is about 10# heavier, being out of the house with my daughter while she is at college. Although they've been living in the same house their whole lives they hate each other. The dog's instinct to chase and kill anything that moves is too strong.

Comment

• stubbie
                Experienced
                • Jul 7 2011

Steve when you attached your speed pedal and dip switch did you cut a slot in your carpet or use longer screws and screw through it?

Comment

• jopizz
                  Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

The correct way is to cut a slot in the carpet and bolt the pedal and switch directly to the floor. The bolts should be covered by the carpet. A lot of the new carpet sets already have the slot and hole cut out.

John

Comment

• Yadkin
                    Banned
                    • Aug 11 2012

I cut a rectangle in the carpet for the pedal to poke through. Remove the pedal then put the screws back in, using them to locate the hole. The hole is forward of the screws. Cut this hole last for that section because once you do, the carpet is fixed at that point. Use multiple fittings of the pedal and cut a little at a time. Once you get it right bolt the pedal down, bend it as far back as you need to and push the carpet over it.

After I work out all the electrical modifications and bugs and know I won't be pulling the carpet back up again I'll apply some sealer to the area to keep the threads from unraveling and keep trash out of the hole.

I have a little modification for the way the pedal bolts to the floor. It is with large sheet metal screws. I'm not sure if this is factory or not because I replaced so many floor panels, but that was almost 30 years ago. The area below the screws is a boxed in so the screw tips don't show below the car.

The screws fasten though two holes in a the steel plate, and the pedal rubber is formed around the holes in an area about the size of a standard washer. A regular hex bolt doesn't work because a socket is too large. I found that license plate screws with a #4 Phillips drive work perfectly.

Comment

• Yadkin
                      Banned
                      • Aug 11 2012

Finally got the windshield installed today. Three weeks waiting for the upper clips, then last week when the installer showed up he didn't like the seal that I had purchased from Mac's 18 months ago. So he ordered one from Dennis Carpenter, and mine's in the trash.

Now I can move along to the side windows and trim...

Comment

• Yadkin
                        Banned
                        • Aug 11 2012

Trunk on and closing/ opening. I have the car sitting out in the sun today to let the rubber seal settle in.

Got the doors on last night. I need to tweek some chrome trim that is making contact.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Yadkin
                          Banned
                          • Aug 11 2012

I spent several hours this weekend looking for the front vent window assemblies. I remember rebuilding them, then putting them away to keep them clean and safe. It turns out that they were at the body shop, since Mike needed them to get the edges of the doors lined up with them. Loaded up with dust, but at least I got 'em.

That would have been a disaster had I lost them.

Comment

• Yadkin
                            Banned
                            • Aug 11 2012

Here she sits, waiting on the state inspection for vin and basic operation. I still have much to do, door glass needs to go in, interior trim, the rest of the seats, the grill, get the hydraulics and AC working, some minor electrical demons...

I'm also going to rebuild the rear end and put new bearings in before I take it on an extended drive. I've had a half-shaft leave in my '69 F100 due to a dry bearing and I don't need that to happen to this beast.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Yadkin
                              Banned
                              • Aug 11 2012

Passed inspection last week and now waiting for the state to push some button somewhere. Delay, delay, delay.

Meanwhile the glass is all in, working out bugs with seals and such. I got the back seat in last night, had to make more modifications to the seat belt attachments to get it to fit.

One of the more iconic rear seats in automotive history:
                              Attached Files

Comment

• bird 60
                                Super-Experienced
                                • Mar 18 2009

Good to hear that it passed the inspection Steve. Now to get the rest done & get it on the road.
                                Our initial inspection here in South Australia is $270. If it fails & you go back again it's an additional $120.
                                What do they slug there?

Chris......From OZ.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎