No announcement yet.

59 Red T-Bird

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

59 Red T-Bird

Hi to all members, I'm sorry to say that I had to sell my T-Bird. I was unable to continue to do all the work that was needed and did not have the money to pay someone to finish the bird for me, at 70 I want to be able to drive something and enjoy myself and I would have had to wait another 2-3 years before the car would be safe to drive anywhere. I thank all on the forum for all your help especially Ray, Jon, & Dave, it's a great forum and the members are awesome and I will recommend to all who have T-birds. Now hopefully you all won't hate me, but I purchased an 86 corvette with 44,000 miles and owned most of it's life by a doctors wife it's completely stock 4 speed well actually 4+3 Doug/Nash trans but I can get in it and drive anywhere I want and not worry it needs paint but other then that it's perfect. I have 1 last favor to ask if any member can recommend a good forum. Thanks to all again and I will miss being apart of squqrebirds forum. Tommy"
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Tommy,

I can certainly understand why you sold your Squarebird. No need to apologize for buying a Corvette. I've driven bow-ties all my life. Hopefully you'll continue to visit us. I'm sure there are plenty of Corvette forums out there although I doubt you'll find one with as many knowledgeable people as we have here. Good luck with your new ride.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• fcar
      Apprentice
      • Nov 13 2010

Try corvette forum.com http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/ as a start. Have fun!

Comment

• simplyconnected
        Administrator
        • May 26 2009

Tommy, it's not the destination but the journey. I hope you found your 'dream car' and can enjoy it for many decades. Always keep your passion for cars and the joy they bring. - Dave
        Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
        --Lee Iacocca

Comment

red 59 T-Bird

Originally posted by jopizz
          Tommy,

I can certainly understand why you sold your Squarebird. No need to apologize for buying a Corvette. I've driven bow-ties all my life. Hopefully you'll continue to visit us. I'm sure there are plenty of Corvette forums out there although I doubt you'll find one with as many knowledgeable people as we have here. Good luck with your new ride.

John
          Thanks John, I will keep visiting. I still keep the 59 Bird on my computer when I open it there's my bird. I had 2 vette's years ago. I'm just trying to enjoy life, but I will never find a better forum. You all have been so helpful to me. Tommy"

Comment

• FINSRIN
            Experienced
            • Aug 7 2010

Bottom line with cars is enjoyment.
            Can be appreciator/enthusiast w/o owning Tbird.
            Make most of your Corvette (I also have one).
            Happy cruising.
            Bill
            Last edited by FINSRIN; September 26, 2014, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• YellowRose
              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

59 Red T-Bird

Hi Tommy, thanks for your email and good luck with your Corvette. Tommy, thank you for the nice words. They are greatly appreciated and you are certainly always welcome here. Now I am gonna say something that is probably gonna surprise a lot of people. Fcar beat me to telling you about the Corvette Forum. I am also a member of it.... I belong to a number of other Forums also, mostly for research reasons.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
              The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
              Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
              Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
              https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

red 59 T-Bird

Hi All, just to show you how good your forum and members are, as I leave I am still receiving encouragement and good information "It doesn't get any better then that" I will visit to see how you all are doing. Thanks for everything Tommy"

Comment

red 59 t-bird

Originally posted by fcar
                  Try corvette forum.com http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/ as a start. Have fun!
                  That's one of the forum's I've been looking at. Thank You

Comment

red 59 T-Bird

Originally posted by simplyconnected
                    Tommy, it's not the destination but the journey. I hope you found your 'dream car' and can enjoy it for many decades. Always keep your passion for cars and the joy they bring. - Dave
                    What a great project I would have loved to do something like that. I'm sure it will turn out better then perfect. Good luck and thanks for sharing it with me. Tommy"

Comment

• bird 60
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Mar 18 2009

Hi Tommy, I also wish you the very best with your new project.

I had a '73 vette from '74 to '85. I hope you don't find it too difficult getting in & out as they are a very low car.

Enjoy

Chris.....From OZ.

Comment

red 59 T-Bird

Originally posted by bird 60
                        Hi Tommy, I also wish you the very best with your new project.

I had a '73 vette from '74 to '85. I hope you don't find it too difficult getting in & out as they are a very low car.

Enjoy

Chris.....From OZ.
                        Thanks Chris, I had a 74 stroker low but fast and an 84(Dog) I don't have a problem, but I took my almost 91 yr. old mother getting in no problem she just fell in but getting her out, well that's another story Lol" Tommy"

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎