No announcement yet.

Hood Swap

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hood Swap

This may may sound like a dumb question but id rather get the right answer before i buy something i cant use. Will a 61 hood fit to replace a 63? I know they are pretty much the same car but knowing ford there may have been a change where something may need to be modified. thanks (no offense to you ford lovers)
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: Hood Swap

The 1961 hodd is unique in that it has raised windsplits running fore and aft on bothe sides of the hood scoop. It is not correct for 1962 to 1963. I think it will fit in terms of its hardware and dimensions, but I would like to hear from a 1961-63 expert before you commit to a purchase.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

• Hawkrod
      Experienced
      • Oct 31 2005

Yes, the hood will bolt on and yes it looks different. I actually have always disliked 61 hoods and 63 body sides. My favorite is the 62 as I always felt it looked so much smoother without those extra body lines! LOL Hawkrod

Comment

• Alexander
        Webmaster
        • Oct 30 2002

Thanks for the input. I just wanted to make sure. There are parts that look alike but do not interchange. All the front bumpers for the 1958 - 1960 T-Birds look alike, but the 1958 is unique. The grilles from 1959 or 1960 will not fit in it.

Alexander
        1959 Hardtop
        1960 Golde Top
        Alexander
        1959 Hard Top
        1960 Golde Top
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢