Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brake lights

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man o man Ruth is looking HOT!! If it is legal you should put the Texas plate on the front.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Anders, retirement looks good on " Ruth " and she looks great. Are you planning on installing a mirror (s) on her or have you got that far yet. The reason I ask, other than the safety factor not turning your head, is that the extra chrome on your colour would pull the rest of the chrome off Ruth.
      When your ready there were some threads and posts last year and you can read, hitting the search button.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Thunderbird Registry
      58HT #33317
      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Anders
        Super-Experienced
        • Jan 19 2008

Well, well, well....
        You know, I´m working at Volvo, and safety is as you all know, one of our core values, so I should perhaps live as we learn....
        I don´t have belts, or exterior mirrors, and we don´t need it, if it was like that Original. I realy don´t know yet. I don´t want to be a fool, but I kind of like the clean look without the mirrors. The same with the belts. If I install them, I must use them. But as there is no stop on the backrest of the seat, I have some doubts if seatbelts are a good thing to be honest. That kind of arrangements gives me a feeling of a rat-trap.
        I don´t want the rectangular mirrors. I have seen some round variant with an additional ring that I like. I need to visit some Car shows this summer and see how other Squarebirds look like, and what fit best. Time will tell.

@Dan: quote:
        "When your ready there were some threads and posts last year and you can read, hitting the search button"
        Searching what?

@TChicken: Thanks It´s not realy legal to use US plates, but as long as I have the Swedish one, they let me go with it, as mine don´t fit here, and it is forbidden to fold them. In the front, the texas plate is still there, but the Red one is covering it..... See pic.
        I think it´s 10 time cooler with the US plates, so I keep them as long as I can.....

Dang. I love my car
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Anders; April 20, 2008, 05:35 PM.
        sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
        http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• Anders
          Super-Experienced
          • Jan 19 2008

I can see the LIGHT!

IT WORKS!!!
          My stoplight W O R K S !

I found a 14 Amp fuse today, and it was all that was missing. Dang! But I learnd alot about the "life under the dash" in the process. And it was a pretty good timing also, as I have time for Inspection tomorrow morning, and this was, well, as far as I know, the main problem here.
          But I´m sure they will find some other stuff to complain about, he, he...

Another thing that make me very happy is that I got a mail from the previous owner, Mr. Kieth Gilbert ( That´s a cool name ) in Texas today, and he explained a bit about the car and how much work and effort he have put into it. He also mensioned that he belewe there schould be around 450 horses in the engine. WOW! It felt realy good, and I am greatful for all his work, as he seems to have done alot.

THANK YOU ALL, who have tryed to help me with my electrical issues. Would never found out about that liitle fuse without you.
          Last edited by Anders; April 22, 2008, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• LuckyJay
            • Jan 4 2007

I'm glad you found the rascal. I guess that means my trip to Sweden is off. When I did the same to my bird I was able to wiggle the fuse holder down to a more attainable location so that I wouldn't be cutting my fat fingers under the dash again. Good Job!

Comment

• tbird430
              Super-Experienced
              • Jun 18 2007

Well at least ur plates "match" ur car Anders!! LOL!!!
              sigpic
              The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• Anders
                Super-Experienced
                • Jan 19 2008

Ruth passed the inspection with clear papers The car is officially legal now. YEAH!

Comment

• fomoco59
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Jun 10 2005

Congrats Anders! I love the '58 grill. If you had questions about the 58-59 mirrors, here's a photo...
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic
                  Mike Lemmon
                  '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• Anders
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Jan 19 2008

YES! These are the ones i like. They are supercool. Can you rip them off that car and send them to me?

Comment

• Penelope
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Mar 4 2008

Congratulations Anders, I went through the same 4 months ago. It is a great feeling. Enjoy!

Bill
                      sigpicBill
                      Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

• YellowRose
                        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Brake lights

Hi Anders,

Congrats on passing the inspection on your Bird! As for mirrors, what you might want to do is buy the 1960 inside day/night rear view mirror. The location of those outside mirrors leave a lot to be desired in usefulness. I have the type shown in the picture below and it is not of much use. I think your Bird has the standard '59 rear view mirror on it, if I remember right from pictures of it. The '60 rear view mirror is much wider, giving you excellent rear viewing. And VTCI accepts it for judging, as I recall, because it is considered a safety improvement for the car. You can buy it at most Tbird parts places, I am sure. I got mine from Bird Nest for about $70 and like it very much.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                        The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                        Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                        Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                        https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• fomoco59
                          Super-Experienced
                          • Jun 10 2005

Anders:
                          Yeah.. I like the 58-59 better than the 60 mirror (pictured below) but they're all very cool styling !
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic
                          Mike Lemmon
                          '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• Petrolhead
                            Experienced
                            • Jul 2 2007

Well done Anders, your hard work and perseverence paid off. Enjoy! I still think you should fly the members of this site over to your place for a garage working bee, we'd have that sucker up in no time at all - can't have your legal 'Bird sitting outside in the snow.

Comment

• Anders
                              Super-Experienced
                              • Jan 19 2008

Thanks guys
                              Looking at the pic with the ´60 mirror, the sticker in the windshield remind me that I have, not the same, but one sticker, that I like to know about.
                              On a "Registration renewal reciept", there was one, in a size like a credit card, that is gone, but there is still a small sticker, or decal left. I´ts in silver colour and the text say: VOID. What is that for, and what does it mean?

Comment

• LuckyJay
                                • Jan 4 2007

Most likely a parking lot permit... Void after a certain date.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎