X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tbird1044
    Super-Experienced
    • Jul 31 2012

Tail lights

Nothing like a nice set of tail lights on the old bird. Now the fun part begins with turning all those little squares black.
    Nyles

Originally posted by toddgilroy
    Well I got my tail light assemblies (along with a few other pieces) back from the chrome shop here in Omaha and I am very pleased with the results. Now I just need to get the rest of the car finished! Here's a few before and after pics.
    Attached Files

Comment

• toddgilroy
      Experienced
      • Aug 30 2014

Those look great, Nyles.

I think I will be spending a few cold, snowy Nebraska nights applying stickers.
      Todd Gilroy
      1960 Tbird Convertible
      Thunderbird Registry #54651

Comment

• sidewalkman
        Super-Experienced
        • Sep 14 2015

Originally posted by partsetal
        I actually started with the stickers. The square ones were time consuming but went well. The odd sizes that had to be cut did not, so I abandoned the stickers and masked and painted. Much simpler for me. After masking, I used an adhesion promoter and then mixed up some black single stage and sprayed them. Using a rattle can does not work as the viscosity causes the paint to migrate to the corners of the squares and leave the centers unpainted. By controlling the viscosity I got excellent coverage.
        Carl
        Hey Carl

How about I send my tail light waffles to you for masking, because there is no way that I can ever do a masking job like that?

I'll paint them...I'm not lazy!!!
        Scott
        South Delta, BC, Canada
        1960 White T-Bird, PS, PB that's it
        Red Leather Interior!
        www.squarebirds.org/users/sidewalkman
        Thunderbird Registry #61266
        http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_g...ibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰