Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cwcb08
    Experienced
    • Oct 11 2016

Washed and waxed the car in preparation for the Sarnia stree machines car show Sunday, then we took it to town to get bridge fries!

Can you tell where we tested The jax wax haha

Sitting on four new shoes, we might buy two more white walls for the back, we found somewhere local that them since we bought the other two plain black for a few dollars cheaper!

We are much more confident going for a drive now that we have all new rubber
    2016 FORD F150 XLT 3.5 EB SPORT 302a - 2012 KAWASAKI ZX-6R - 2012 LEGEND DELUXE V-NOSE - 2008 KAWASAKI ZZR600 - 2008 FORD FOCUS SE - 2007 KAWASAKI ZX-6R - 2002 ARTIC CAT 500 - 1990 JOHN DEERE 265 - 1966 FORD THUNDERBIRD HARDTOP TOWN

Comment

• Cwcb08
      Experienced
      • Oct 11 2016

this crazy looking bird was there to asking 26K

i relay like the way these gauges look retrofitted in there

Last edited by Cwcb08; June 25, 2017, 04:54 PM.
      2016 FORD F150 XLT 3.5 EB SPORT 302a - 2012 KAWASAKI ZX-6R - 2012 LEGEND DELUXE V-NOSE - 2008 KAWASAKI ZZR600 - 2008 FORD FOCUS SE - 2007 KAWASAKI ZX-6R - 2002 ARTIC CAT 500 - 1990 JOHN DEERE 265 - 1966 FORD THUNDERBIRD HARDTOP TOWN

Comment

• simplyconnected
        Administrator
        • May 26 2009

Outstanding, Cody.
        Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
        --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Cwcb08
          Experienced
          • Oct 11 2016

Originally posted by simplyconnected
          Outstanding, Cody.
          thanks Dave, there were several other birds there as well, mostly older, 50's. the show brought in more than 350 cars!

there was one other 66, a landau with 428, but no AC, partially restored the guy was asking 10k obo

Comment

• scumdog
            Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Love that custom 'bird, a bit 'out there' but cool!
            A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
              Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Cody she is certainly coming along nicely. It is good to see 350 cars on the grass as a turn out for this event
              Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
              Thunderbird Registry
              58HT #33317
              60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• DKheld
                Super-Experienced
                • Aug 27 2008

x2 on the "way out" Bird - a little too "way out" for me but - still nice. Do think they did a good job on the gauges. Say - they copied your steering wheel idea.

Your car is looking great too.
                I do think the white walls look good on your car with the white top - JMHO

On the value - I always tell anyone that asks if my car is for sale - "Yes".
                Next question is "How much".
                So I tell them - "I think it's worth about 16 but I'll take 32".

Eric

Comment

• Cwcb08
                  Experienced
                  • Oct 11 2016

i took the old girl into the shop yesterday to get the carb and timing adjusted ( she was hesitant when i started accelerating but ran great at speed ).

they pulled the mixture screws and it idled better, then vacuum lines it idled better still ( instead of starving and dyeing ). they said to check what was going on they would have to remove the top plate with would likely destroy the seal. they think the floats or needle are stuck open.

long story short I'm having them get a rebuild kit and do the carb so we know when it was done and its done and done right.

car sounded terrible on the way home after they played with it haha, ill be taking it back once they have the parts and their carb guy lined up again, glad the shop is only a mile away. downside i dont want to take it for any short cruises in the meantime

just noticing photo bucket being a pain, most of the photos all still work if you click the logo, but i will be switching free hosting sites
                  Last edited by Cwcb08; June 29, 2017, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• Cwcb08
                    Experienced
                    • Oct 11 2016

Good ole rock auto clearance

Not bad for 30$.

Sway bar end links
                    Manifold gasket
                    Trans pan gasket
                    Oil pan gasket
                    5 filters
                    Locking Gas cap

Comment

• scumdog
                      Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Originally posted by Cwcb08
                      Good ole rock auto clearance

Not bad for 30$.

Sway bar end links
                      Manifold gasket
                      Trans pan gasket
                      Oil pan gasket
                      5 filters
                      Locking Gas cap

https://www.flickr.com/photos/152185.../shares/Q7230z

Yep, Rockauto prices are good, really good- it's the freight to here that's the killer, it can double or more the purchase price for us that are a long way from anywhere.
                      A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• Cwcb08
                        Experienced
                        • Oct 11 2016

It was 50 Canadian to the door! Still a pretty decent price I thought

Comment

• simplyconnected
                          Administrator
                          • May 26 2009

There is one item I cannot understand regarding price:
                          Fuel tanks are made by Spectra Premium in Boucherville, Québec, Canada. Then they are shipped to Rock Auto (in the USA) and the price is still cheaper through RA, than Canadians can get from sources at home. What's up with that?

I understand border crossings require extra security but these tanks don't need to cross the border. I wonder if Spectra has a Canadian distributor with more reasonable prices for domestic sales. - Dave
                          Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                          --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• YellowRose
                            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

My '66 Hardtop Town Build

I just emailed Spectra and asked them for that information regarding Canadian distributors, if any. I will let you know what they say. Unfortunately, they are closed over the weekend. Spectra markets a lot of different parts other than just gas tanks. Check out their Marketing information.

http://mktg-us.spectrapremium.com/

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                            The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                            Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                            Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                            https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Cwcb08
                              Experienced
                              • Oct 11 2016

Things like that just #*$$ me off and make me buy from wherever I get the best price, free trade isn't always free

It's also Canada day today yellowrose they might be taking a long weekend
                              Last edited by YellowRose; July 1, 2017, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• YellowRose
                                Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

My '66 Hardtop Town Build

Cody, Happy Canada day to you and all our Canadian Tbird owners! That explains why they are not open until Tuesday!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                                The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                                Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                                Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                                https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎