No announcement yet.

Auto Dipping

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Dipping

Hello I was wondering if anyone has ever dipped a 60 t-bird. I have never gone through this process and think that this is the way I'll have to go with this project seeing how there is alot of cancerous rust. If you have gone through this process if you could tell me if there were any troubles with this year with etching and such.

I am also looking for a good shop to do the work. I am located in Alabama and am willing to travel a certain distance to drop it off and pic it up.

Brian Costello

• Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: Auto Dipping

I have seen the process chronicled in pictures in Cars and Parts magazine a while ago. It does work well. You might be surprised at some holes where the dipping process has removed all the rust.

Remember, you need to completely disassemble the car. The process still cannot get into some closed recesses in the car.

You will need to find a shop that has a tank big enough for Squarebird. Also they will need a crane strong enough to lift the unibody Squarebird. This is not just a body or a frame they are dipping, it is both at the same time.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢