Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shelby working on convertible GT-H for this summer?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Robot
    The Source
    • Jan 29 2007

Shelby working on convertible GT-H for this summer?

Filed under: Aftermarket, Convertibles, Ford

Three short sentences appeared late last night on the Automotive News website, which imply that Shelby is working up a convertible version of the Mustang for car rental firm, Hertz.

The only hard bit of information provided was that only 500 examples would be produced and will likely come out this summer. Although nothing was said about what lay beneath the hood, keep in mind that a GT-H convertible concept (above) was made for SEMA '06 and in terms of performance mods, it was bestowed with the exact same updates as the fixed-roof GT-H, which made 320 HP. If the rumors are true, we're guessing we'll see the GT-H droptop in April at the New York Auto Show. After all, that's where the GT-H coupe made its 2006 debut.

More information to follow, so watch this space.

[Source: Automotive News - Sub. Req.]
    Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments
    BOLD MOVES: THE FUTURE OF FORD A new documentary series. Be part of the transformation as it happens in real-time

More...
  • SandyBoy
    Super-Experienced
    • Oct 31 2002

It's a beautifull piece of eye candy, to be sure, but if one takes the real actual purchase price, followed by the annual cost to insure it properly, and then figures in the probable sky high theft rate or the "Lets mess this punks ride up while he's in the movies" factor, i'd rather be driving my Town Car. Insurance is probably 1/2, purchase price is probably 30% less and vandalism is probably 80% less, and the vehicle is probably one heck of alot smoother, quieter and way more forgiving over these winter ravaged roads here in NJ. I have seen potholes that could totally hide a professional basketball in. I've seen roads with only 20% of their pavment left on them ! Can you imagine the eeks & creeks & squeeks from that convertible top, pared with that Firm Ride Suspension ?

Ya it's a nice May-October "Sunday morn grab a paper & a java" cruiser - but little else. Pick up another couple, on a Sat. eve to go to a fancy eatery and the other couple is wedged in that back seat, bumpin their heads into the roll bar, and when ya arrive ya look like geeks or new Frat Pledges at the valet parking, between the Cadillacs, BMWs, Jags, Benz, Lincolns, Audis, Infinitis & Lexus and then you......

However, it's a GREAT car for that 4th car in the family when the annual income surpasses $285,000
    Last edited by SandyBoy; February 3, 2007, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• Alexander
      Webmaster
      • Oct 30 2002

It is beautiful.
      Alexander
      1959 Hard Top
      1960 Golde Top
      sigpic

Comment

I like it

I wish I had the money to buy one